If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonos v heos

Options
  • 27-12-2015 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Just about to buy one or the other,

I know you guys say heos sounds better but from my reading on line it seems that hoes can't play from Google play but the sonos can

Is this right?

Also its for a room that is about 22 sqm is it better to for a hoes 3/play1 or a hoes5/play 3

Anthony

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Just about to buy one or the other,

I know you guys say heos sounds better but from my reading on line it seems that hoes can't play from Google play but the sonos can

Is this right?

Also its for a room that is about 22 sqm is it better to for a hoes 3/play1 or a hoes5/play 3

Anthony
    Hi Bobboberson.

For the minute it seems that is correct. Perhaps Denon will get google play but no sign at the moment.

In terms of the Heos 3 v the Sonos 1. The Heos 3 sounds much better as the Sonos 1 but its hard to compare as the Heos 1 would be on the same level as the Sonos 1.
    The Heos 3 would compare to the Sonos 3 and the Heos 5 to the Play 5.
    Again so the Heos 5 sounds much better than the Play 3.

The NEW Play 5 does sounds amazing.

Have you had the change to listen to any of the products yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭bobboberson

Hi Bobboberson.

For the minute it seems that is correct. Perhaps Denon will get google play but no sign at the moment.

In terms of the Heos 3 v the Sonos 1. The Heos 3 sounds much better as the Sonos 1 but its hard to compare as the Heos 1 would be on the same level as the Sonos 1.

Have you had the change to listen to any of the products yourself?[/quote

Had a listen to both when I was last up in Belfast.

I didn't notice a huge difference, like the heos because it had the USB and 3.5 mil port.

But all my devices are Google and allmmy music is on goolge play.

Anthony

Hi Bobboberson.

Have you had the change to listen to any of the products yourself?[/quote

Had a listen to both when I was last up in Belfast.

I didn't notice a huge difference, like the heos because it had the USB and 3.5 mil port.

But all my devices are Google and allmmy music is on goolge play.

Anthony
    Hi Anthony.

I have listened to all these products as we have them all running on our store.
    At home I use a play 1 and it suits me just fine.

Heos does sound better but for me the app let it down.
    In saying that the NEW play 5 sounds better than the 1,3,and 5 Heos. Only my opinion as everyone likes different things. The base producted by the Play 5 does it for me.

The Heos range does have more connection options but for me that was not important as I really only use spotify on my sonos and all other music is on Vinyl through my HiFi.

I hope this helps a little more.

Hi Anthony.

In saying that the NEW play 5 sounds better than the 1,3,and 5 Heos. Only my opinion as everyone likes different things. The base producted by the Play 5 does it for me.

The Heos range does have more connection options but for me that was not important as I really only use spotify on my sonos and all other music is on Vinyl through my HiFi.

Kenny

Thanks for getting back to me.

Two last questions, what size would you recommen for a room that is 22sqm

And are either covered by the 6 year warranty

Anthony

Hi Anthony.

Kenny

Thanks for getting back to me.

Two last questions, what size would you recommen for a room that is 22sqm

And are either covered by the 6 year warranty

Anthony
    Hi Anthony.

Either the Play 3 or 5 or the Heos  3,5 and 7.
    The ones may do but i'd worry they would not be loud enough to fully fill the space. You could you 2 play 1's. one at either end.

The 6 year can be purchased on any of these for just 10% their cost.
    Standard with Sonos is 2 years and the Heos is also 2 years.

• Advertisement

Just looking at buying on line the price in pounds is cheaper then euro, do you have to add postage if buy in pounds

Anthony

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Just looking at buying on line the price in pounds is cheaper then euro, do you have to add postage if buy in pounds

Anthony
    Hi Anthony

The Euro price includes shipping, if you prefer to shop in sterling just add £6.99 a unit for shipping

Keep us posted if we can assist

Atvb

John mc & crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Just a thought/ I'm out of the office but I'm pretty sure that all the heos is less expensive in Euro than sterling in our sale at the moment?

Keep me posted

John McDonald

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.