Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are any sites doing sales??

Options
  • 27-12-2015 7:27pm

Looking around for a new GPU and thought I would wait for sales but nowhere at all seems to be doing much (if anything).

With the new gen cards around the corner I though that 350-400 would get me something nice.

Am I missing the super sale or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

Generally if someone spots something at a nice price, it'll end up in our bargain alerts thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Cork_exile wrote: »
    Looking around for a new GPU and thought I would wait for sales but nowhere at all seems to be doing much (if anything).

With the new gen cards around the corner I though that 350-400 would get me something nice.

Am I missing the super sale or something?

Sales are bollocks 90% of the time. Drapery out of season and food (almost) out of date are pretty much the only real bargains. Electronics (online) are always at very tight margins. That said Amazon do some good lightning deals. For GPUs a R9-290 sold on adverts for €150 just before xmas, granted it was a reference design but given the 390 is pretty much the same card that was a stupidly good deal. Keep an eye.

Advertisement