Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage with no previous credit

• 27-12-2015 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Hope you've had a wonderful Christmas. Just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation or has some advice.

I've saved up a deposit and am looking to buy soon rather than rent. Wondering if the fact I've never had any credit before will count against me. I'm just a pretty good saver so never needed a loan before. Any thoughts?

Also just under a year in this job but permanent and finished probation a while ago. Are banks strict on this?

Thanks a million

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

No issue with not having past credit facilities. Banks won't look at you for a mortgage until you're a year into your job. Wait it out til then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

There is no problem not having previous lending facilities as lender will look at your savings profile and how you manage your current account. Permanent tsb only require you to be in your current employment for 6 months and other lenders will more than likely consider once you have been in continuous employment in the same sector for more than 1 year.

Cian59 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Hope you've had a wonderful Christmas. Just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation or has some advice.

I've saved up a deposit and am looking to buy soon rather than rent. Wondering if the fact I've never had any credit before will count against me. I'm just a pretty good saver so never needed a loan before. Any thoughts?

Also just under a year in this job but permanent and finished probation a while ago. Are banks strict on this?

Thanks a million

Advertisement