Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in Galway with a dog

Options
  • 27-12-2015 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Can anyone recommend a letting agency that will allows a little dog in a rental property?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Im afraid you'll have to ask landlords individually. Ive seen it work for people in the past where they've offered to have the place professionally cleaned afterwards, or paid an additional furniture damage deposit.

tips :

1. avoid apartments, a lot of house rules forbid dogs and no being nice to the landlord will get around this .

2. Don't pretend you don't have a dog. You'll be back here in 6 months complaining that your landlord is evicting you.

3. When looking for properties, look for places that take RA or students or places that aren't newly refurbished, landlords are less likely to be precious about the furniture.

as always , in this case whats done is done for the OP but to others : don't get pets until you have your own owned property, rental market is a sellers market and even when its not, many landlords quite rightly don't want pets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ElectricBridget

Thanks Eric.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Vancity

Not Galway but I've just moved into a place in Dublin 6 with our dog. I was pretty stressed about trying to find a place but to my surprise 3 out of 5 places I contacted said they would be ok with a pet. We offered to pay an additional pet deposit but it wasn't required. We have it written into the lease agreement that the dog is allowed so it was honestly no problem. These were all places where the advert didn't mention pets - I had been looking for adverts that said pets allowed but there were so few of those we ended up having to contact places that didn't mention it. You might be surprised if you just ask nicely :)

Advertisement