If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

43 Inch TV Advice

Options
  • 27-12-2015 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Which of the following 43 inch TVs would you recommend? Is it worth paying extra for the 4K LG TV or are the Sony TVs still better? 

What is the difference between the 2 Sony TVs?

1. SONY BRAVIA KDL43W755C

2. SONY BRAVIA KDL43W756C

3. LG 43UF690V

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Kid Pablo wrote: »
    Which of the following 43 inch TVs would you recommend? Is it worth paying extra for the 4K LG TV or are the Sony TVs still better? 

What is the difference between the 2 Sony TVs?

1. SONY BRAVIA KDL43W755C

2. SONY BRAVIA KDL43W756C

3. LG 43UF690V
    Hi Kid Pablo.

The Difference between the 43W755 and the 756 is the colour of the surround the 755 is black and the 756 silver. other than that they are the same television.

I really like the Sony screens this year I have to say.

In saying that the 4K LG is also a nice screen. 

Sony do offer a 43" 4k which is the 43X8305 priced at £569.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201400-bravia-kd43x8305cbu.aspx

4K quality is much more noticable when compared to 1080i or p. We Run several 4K screen at our store and the image is really fantastic.
    However the 755 or 756 would handle standard and HD broadcasts better than the 4K LG.

I hope this helps a little.

Any questions drop me a post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Kid Pablo

Thanks Kenny, that helps. I think I am leaning towards the Sony (the 43W755 or 756) . What is your best price for this delivered to Carlow and does it come with the Irish apps installed such as RTE player/TV3 player etc? Or will it have the British TV apps?

Thanks Kenny, that helps. I think I am leaning towards the Sony (the 43W755 or 756) . What is your best price for this delivered to Carlow and does it come with the Irish apps installed such as RTE player/TV3 player etc? Or will it have the British TV apps?

Did you have a chance to look at my questions? I'd like to get something sorted fairly soon.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Did you have a chance to look at my questions? I'd like to get something sorted fairly soon.
    HI KidPablo,

The Tv would normally come with the British tv apps installed, but once you connect to an ip address in Ireland you will probably find they will not work. 
    The 43w755 is the android model and so will have Google Play, meaning you can then add the likes of RTE player from there

Cheers
    Brian

Thanks Brian

I assume that works the same for the 43W756 (the silver version)? This is the TV I am interested in.  Can you give me your best price on this please?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Thanks Brian

I assume that works the same for the 43W756 (the silver version)? This is the TV I am interested in.  Can you give me your best price on this please?
    HI KidPablo, yep the 756 is exactly the same, just in a silver surround so would be the same

Unfortunately the pricing on the website for this model at €599 is the best price we can do on this one, as it has already been reduced in the euro pricing compared to Sterlling

Cheers
    Brian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.