Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather messing with our plants.

Options
  • 27-12-2015 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭

So, it's unseasonably wet and warm for mid december. What's your garden doing?

My grass is practically a pasture, still loads of growth, but too wet to cut it.

My garlic, planted in october. Normally i see some shoots in early spring. It's now about 10cm tall, and has multiple shoots instead of single. I'd say it's totally fecked tbh. I'll get pea-sized cloves.

Spring bulbs, all up. Very soft tender shoots. One hard frost in january and the lot will be black.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

Nasturtiums popping up all over the place here.

The garlic could be in trouble here too.

Had to dig a drain at the bottom of the veg garden to let all the water out.

No end insight.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Just water lying everywhere, I did see some lovely coloured primulas in a neighbours garden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

All my primulas are flowering, one or two roses in bloom and the hydrangea looks as good as it did during 'summer'. Am tired of all this rain but thank God we've had no flooding, so I won't complain.
    Adds: Today I also spotted the montbretia putting out new leaves and leaves opening on the rosa rugosa.

Advertisement