Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housing estates in Moate

Options
  • 27-12-2015 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,

Potentially looking at living in Moate and wondering if anyone has any feedback on what estates are good areas to live

Ard na Locha and Cois na hAbhainn look promising, anyone know what these estates are like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭guylikeme

Certain family currently reside near the town. Im not a local to Moate but i wouldnt be buying property there for said reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MartinB183

Thanks guys, someone told us to avoid ard grainne alright as there is some trouble in the estate but a lot of other posts on this are pretty old now and not sure if the info is still accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

MartinB183 wrote: »
    Ard na Locha and Cois na hAbhainn look promising, anyone know what these estates are like?

Not sure I'd want to Cois na hAhhainn with all the rain that's falling at the moment..... No idea what these estates are like but I do know that these ridiculous estate names as gaeilge sound really stupid when everyone speaks English in Moate !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Hi OP, I've lived in Moate for a few years now. It is a nice town to live in, it has the small town feeling where you can get to know people. It has the essentials and it is handy to get to Athlone.
    Both estates you mentioned in your original post are ok to live in from what I've heard and seen.
    I haven't heard anything bad about Ard na Locha but there are undeveloped lands either side of it, I think the area was to be more built up than it was.
    For Cois na Habhainn we had looked at a house there ourselves, it was near the front of the estate so I don't know what the smaller townhouses are like further in.
    I would avoid Sliabh Rua (unless you can get the front row or two, after that they look very run down). I would also avoid Toorvalley, which is across the road, they are badly built and houses undesirables.
    Ard Grainne is fine, a certain family have apparently given it a bad name, but we've had no major trouble so far ourselves or maybe we've just been lucky.

• Advertisement
Advertisement