Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STORM FRANK, Tuesday 29th-Wednesday 30th. Heavy Rain, Flooding and strong winds.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

• Registered Users Posts: 36,152 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

Any good Facebook pages to keep an eye on the weather in various areas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Where is this highline?

Graignamanagh near enough to Kilkenny.

Important update from RTE .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Any good Facebook pages to keep an eye on the weather in various areas?
    https://www.facebook.com/corkfloodalerts/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Just stuck my head out the back door and the rain seems to have eased off a bit in Cork City

Tactical wrote: »
    Where?

That's Tramore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Flood carnage now all over cork.
    Most roads are impassable with the river lee expected to burst it's banks in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭downwesht

Instead of Michael D calling the council of state together to discuss legislation he should call a meeting to help the flooding victims.
    :mad:By this time tomorrow there will be a lot of people requiring help out there........:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

that was some mothers do ave'em with frank spencer (i think) , he was daft. think he got flying lessons in one episode haha

Yes he did. In a Cessna. The instructor ended up passing out, resulting in Frank having to control the plane himself. Needless to say, chaos ensued. Yourself and all on FR24 would have had a field day, if such a thing occurred in reality ;)

Winds in Dublin are still quite strong now, but it doesn't sound like there's much rain. I guess this is the worst of it. It's certainly nothing compared to the storm at the start of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Most roads are impassable with the river lee expected to burst it's banks in the morning

Where did you read that the river Lee is expected to burst it's banks??

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I hope finbarr is regretting founding the city on a marsh next to a river.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

10pm gusts Malin head 59 knots, easing a tad in the west

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Quiet as a mouse in Terenure, S Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

leahyl wrote: »

Well maybe at high tide in the morning as its a safe bet that the river level won't have dropped that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Myself & the O/H are planning on travelling to Athlone tomorrow afternoon. Is it safe to do so, or are we mad!?

that was some mothers do ave'em with frank spencer (i think) , he was daft. think he got flying lessons in one episode haha

That episode would make for a great in flight movie :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Myself & the O/H are planning on travelling to Athlone tomorrow afternoon. Is it safe to do so, or are we mad!?

from??????

What's your method of transport and route?

AA Roadwatch and the County Council websites give good information as do local radio stations, national news and of course all the reports from the good people here on the weather forum.

Only you can decide if its safe to travel based on your method of travel, route and experience.

km79 wrote: »
    from??????

Dublin. Sorry.

What's your method of transport and route?

AA Roadwatch and the County Council websites give good information as do local radio stations, national news and of course all the reports from the good people here on the weather forum.

Only you can decide if its safe to travel based on your method of travel, route and experience.

Car. And we were planning on going down the M4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

Where?

The info I got from the youtube video was: "Some of the waves from storm Frank in Tramore Waterford"

Not good enough?

Dublin. Sorry.

No reports here http://www.theaa.ie/aa/aa-roadwatch.aspx at the moment. Of course even the AA depend on people reporting issues to them (that don't gome in from the Gardai and emergency services etc...)

So caution is the order of the day.

Furterh information can be obtained here https://www.nratraffic.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

leahyl wrote: »
    www.irishexaminer.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

Dublin. Sorry.

N4/M4/M6 no problem at all. Mind your speed and be aware of surface water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Achill island coAstguard has just tweeted that there are gusts exceeding 125kph locally.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement