Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STORM FRANK, Tuesday 29th-Wednesday 30th. Heavy Rain, Flooding and strong winds.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

highdef wrote: »
    The info I got from the youtube video was: "Some of the waves from storm Frank in Tramore Waterford"

Not good enough?

When I viewed it from within the thread it simply stated winter storm 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Heuston cork train has stopped at mallow and bus transfers are in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Things are supposed to be pretty bad in Galway City now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Another batch of heavy rain arriving into the south west/west now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

92.6 km/h 9:11pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭patbundy

did you read that properly buddy,bandon is no where near the lee. that river in bandon hits the sea at kinsale

• Registered Users Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭thomasj

patbundy wrote:
    did you read that properly buddy,bandon is no where near the lee. that river in bandon hits the sea at kinsale

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 09:41 pm

Flood waters are encroaching on Bandon in County Cork tonight.

Residents in the area are said to be on heightened alert - with the River Lee expected to burst its banks before dawn.

From the article in question

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Rainfall radar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Has the floods exceeded the 2009 levels at Shannon as mentioned afaik in the RTE news tonite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Wind and rain seem to have died down completely here in north county Dublin. Somehow I don't think this is the end of it though....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Well my Internet has just come back after 2 hours. Been standing beside the window on meteors edge network trying to follow this thread.
    We seem to be escaping the worst of this so far, a couple of strong gusts but nothing out of the ordinary. Rain has been persistent but we're in no danger of flooding so it's no more than an inconvenience for us thankfully.
    Located 4 miles from the coast outside Newport, Mayo. We're well exposed to the SW winds and up fairly high so usually we get hammered but thankfully this year's storms have been kind to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Is there a child in that car? That just seems unnecessary risky

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Gael23 wrote: »

Where abouts in the City ????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Myself & the O/H are planning on travelling to Athlone tomorrow afternoon. Is it safe to do so, or are we mad!?

We are in the same boat,have a wedding on Thursday in athlone and will be driving from Dublin ...thinking of getting train if it gets any worse.
    Let us know what the roads are like tomorrow if you don't mind..take it handy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Is there a child in that car? That just seems unnecessary risky

Not as bad as it looks, the waves are breaking off the wall and splashing over the wide footpath into the road. Common enough to see sea weed sprawled on the far side after a stormy night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Another batch of heavy rain arriving into the south west/west now

This is not good given the current updates being posted on Cork Flood Alerts - haven't seen that widespread flooding in the City before..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭legomaniac

Seriously this has to be said. The media is hyping this gale way to much. All motorways and national routes are perfectly passable, if a bit wet. I am in South Donegal. I have seen storms over the years... this is a strong gale.

Banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Gael23 wrote: »
    Not at all. Apart from some heavy rain at the moment we've gotten off lightly in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Where abouts in the City ????

Near the Spanish arch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Lots more rain by the look of latest radar

rain%20tonight_zpsnlqc9rbf.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

legomaniac wrote: »
    Seriously this has to be said. The media is hyping this gale way to much. All motorways and national routes are perfectly passable, if a bit wet. I am in South Donegal. I have seen storms over the years... this is a strong gale.

Are they hyping the serious flooding and destruction to homes and property legomaniac?
    Seriously - enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I suggest you read over the last few pages and see the flooding reports, or indeed this FB page: https://www.facebook.com/corkfloodalerts/

For a lot of Irish people this is a major weather event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Coles

Aren't you the contributor who yesterday said they were going to put a new roof on your garage today with a couple of your neighbours?

So how did you get on? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭patbundy

thomasj wrote: »
    From the article in question

not getting at you buddy just bad reporting from that paper. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

your right, most of the motorways and national roads are fine. "back roads", which affect a considerable amount of people are not and are very dangerous. winds not the problem, rain upon more rain for the past month or more is causing the problems. mayo /donegal have had far worse in terms of wind over the years. thats not a lot of good however for those who are(about) to be flooded.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

Unfortunately we don't all live on motorways and national routes.
    Plenty of serious flooding in Cork and it ain't stopping yet.
    So the media haven't overhyped it as far as I'm concerned.

Just realised - I've probably fed a troll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Dftt people.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Latest ARPEGE still has the little circulation, this time a little further north.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Absolutely not overhyped, come down to cork city and you'll see....take a look at aa roadwatch website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Not as bad as it looks, the waves are breaking off the wall and splashing over the wide footpath into the road. Common enough to see sea weed sprawled on the far side after a stormy night.

Waves can carry rocks and stones and loads of other floating debris. Its pretty stupid tbh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement