Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STORM FRANK, Tuesday 29th-Wednesday 30th. Heavy Rain, Flooding and strong winds.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dollseyes

Power out in enniscrone too..

Power out in Bundoran. I'm sitting at work alone with only emergency lighting for company waiting for my boss to ring and let me go home.

Very, very windy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

House rocking here in Buncrana. Getting very rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭PJD

Loads of fishing boats taking refuge in Howth. Co. Dublin... sensible decision. Sea looks very rough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Wild in Cork city at the moment, glad i'm not out in it and hope no major damage will be done in any of the at risk areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Severe power outages around Westport with over 2000 homes without it, lights flickering in Castlebar, plenty of faults popping up on the EBS powercheck app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Started to get windy in Galway an hour ago not bad though think the main concern will be that small low tomorrow morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Padster90s

I'm at the parents in northeast Galway, its very windy but noting out of the ordinary so far. Lights flickering like they did with Desmond. Long evening ahead yet though!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Have to say, fairly quiet here in Dublin. Small little gusts, but nothing major yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Almost 2400 customers now without power in the Westport area.
    Storm frank living up to its hype,very wild evening here in coastal Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Nothing to bad in Ennis yet, windy & some gusts but nothing significant and very little rain. I'm actually more worried about the sting in Franks tail tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Not bad in galway at all yet anyhow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Already quite gusty on the Dublin coast

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Villain wrote: »

I was going to say I thought it peaked here in dingle windwise around lunchtime but that would contradict me.

Went for walk on inch beach this morning out to the point. It was windy already then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭bloopy

Rescuing the bees from the back garden (or whats left of them anyway).

pMtJMek.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36,152 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Very strong gusts in Salthill, Galway now.

Some Storms Do Ave Em

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Windy but now really stormy here on the pier in westport

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

Gusty in East Clare right now, though the main worry is the waterlogged ground as the trees are moving alarmingly

I just recorded a gust of 85.4km/h at my station

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭littlema

:eek: someone has a water cannon aimed at the windows here in South Sligo....gusts are rattling the tiles and I thought the lights were flickering......but it seems the grandchildren put the Christmas lights on a blink mode !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

From twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Picking up well so, I am sheltered so far from this storm due to the hills to the south and east of me, so I never know how bad it is from that direction. Only 66km/hr here max gust so far which is nothing exceptional.
    Had a 74km/hr gust yesterday.
    In my house you wouldn't know there was a storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Pretty big gusts now in South Sligo - ESB went for a minute but thankfully came back noticed one of the local villages is without power (according to the ESB app) had to drive out earlier today lots of localised flooding - the main road into Tubbercurry from Ballymote has quite a deepening flood - was getting worse as water was spewing out on to it and it will probably get worse ( if anybody is driving that way take care - it's in a dip in the road just into Tubbercurry)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

From twitter

Well they were warned about not making unnecessary journeys. Hope they didn't go for a swim...

But really just hope they are alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭teddybones

75kph gusts from Ashford weather station, Co. Wicklow. Feels fairly blustery where I am perched on a hill in coastal Wicklow town. I don't think we will break the yearly record for wind which was a lot stronger than 75kph but certainly have never seen as much rain in all the years I have been living here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

Does anyone know what time the 'sting in the tail' winds will hit Cork and Kerry tomorrow morning?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Has a Lahvline researcher called to inquire yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

Still pouring rain here in Kenmare. The wind is gusty but nothing major yet. Still horrible to be out in though, the water gets in under your clothes!

I heard earlier that Kerry County council have been calling businesses in the town urging them to prepare for the worst and get the sandbags ready :(

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »
    Has a Lahvline researcher called to inquire yet?

Not yet ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement