Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Afghanis to euros exchange Ireland

• 27-12-2015 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello All I was just wondering does anybody know which banks in the Republic of Ireland would take Afghan afghanis in exchange for euros?
    Much appreciated ladies and gents
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Can think of anywhere offhand that would exchange it, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 schofferhofer

If you are talking about cash then banks may not accept it. If the currency is closed (i.e. unlike USD SGD, CAD etc) then it is usually not allowed to carry such cash outside the country.Usually in such cases you have to convert the currency in the local country, however I could be wrong and you could try banks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

AFN is a free floating currency. Don't think there are any closed currency rules.

AFN can be exchanged for EUR electronically online.

Pretty sure that no Irish bank will accept AFN cash.

There are some online sites that will accept AFN cash. Do your research before choosing any of them.

Advertisement