Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swap shop?

Options
  • 28-12-2015 2:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I know there was an Irish beauty blog a while back that used to have a swap shop section -allowing people to trade unwanted gifts, or products they had tried and just didn't like etc.
    Doesn't seem to be in action anymore and I wondered if there's ever been a similar thread on here?
    Is that something we could do?
    I'm sure there are plenty of people who'd be into after Christmas, I know I got a couple nice duplicates.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I came here to post the exact same thing! I've received some real techniques brushes that I have already as a Christmas gift. I would definitely be interested in swapping. It would be nice if it was a dedicated thread on here with people from the beauty forum, as opposed to the swapping section of Adverts, which is full of chancers and a lot of counterfeit stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Yep it was Beaut.ie that had the "Swap Siopa" going though that was ages ago, and under different management. The rules were basically you couldn't swap mascara or eye pencils, or lip items unless they were still in their sealed packaging. But it was great for unused foundations and the like!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I would love this. I have a few bits that I don't even want a swap for but I'd love someone else to get the use out of them and I don't think charity shops would take cosmetics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Should we all start posting stuff up and see if we can get this going? If it takes off, a stickied thread might be helpful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

There is adverts.ie, the sister site to boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

There is adverts.ie, the sister site to boards.ie

The idea would be a thread here, for all the beauty enthusiasts, without all the junk posts and chat, where you would post "I have X and am looking for Y or Z" and then somebody who's interested would PM you - and if not, no biggie.
    On adverts.ie we'd each have to put up our own ads and end up getting taken over with comments offering buttons to swap for good stuff! It'd be a disaster.

Advertisement