Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do you take your Christmas Tree down?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,344 ✭✭✭bladespin

Not until after the 6th, usually the following weekend, tradition passed on through my family plus I think it reduces my January blues a little.

Always found it a little funny how so many who put trees up in November wanted them down so early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

This weekend coming at some stage, I'd like to get some new storage boxes too for them, at the minute I've far too many boxes, I'd prefer to get some bigger boxes and have less trips to the attic in December

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

SarahLil wrote: »
    This weekend coming at some stage, I'd like to get some new storage boxes too for them, at the minute I've far too many boxes, I'd prefer to get some bigger boxes and have less trips to the attic in December

Oh be careful with this I actually changed to more boxes smaller in size. Firstly they are easier to get in and out of attic. And they are generally not as hearvy as I had a tenancy to overfill the big boxes they weighed a tonne !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I usually wait until the 6th, but I ended up taking it down yesterday. The house was starting to feel a bit messy/cluttered, and one of the sets of fairy lights had stopped working. The house feels very bare now.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,917 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'd usually do it on the 6th of January, but my hubby is working that day, so it'll be the weekend before it's down. We store our decorations in my parents' attic cos we've nowhere to put them in the apartment. We've a tonne of stuff so there's no way I could carry it all down to the car by myself. I've about 50 newbridge decorations that all have to go back into their individual boxes, so that'll be fun!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Will probably get to it this weekend. No rush really, I only put it up on the 13th of December so I'm going to enjoy it a little bit longer:)

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Oh be careful with this I actually changed to more boxes smaller in size. Firstly they are easier to get in and out of attic. And they are generally not as hearvy as I had a tenancy to overfill the big boxes they weighed a tonne !

Thanks very true il bear that in mind

Toots wrote: »
    I'd usually do it on the 6th of January, but my hubby is working that day, so it'll be the weekend before it's down. We store our decorations in my parents' attic cos we've nowhere to put them in the apartment. We've a tonne of stuff so there's no way I could carry it all down to the car by myself. I've about 50 newbridge decorations that all have to go back into their individual boxes, so that'll be fun!
    I use to do that too when we were in our apartment even with the two of us doing it the amount of trips to and from the car

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,917 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

SarahLil wrote: »
    I use to do that too when we were in our apartment even with the two of us doing it the amount of trips to and from the car

It's crazy! And there's just no way I'd be able to carry the box with the tree down, it weighs a tonne!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Always on the 7th; that is, I leave it up until Epiphany (the 6th) and during that day, too!

I feel so sorry for those Three Kings: working their way towards the Crib for two long weeks, down the hall and across the sideboard...and whew, finally they arrive on the 6th. And then, whoosh! Next minute the whole thing gets whipped away into a box in the attic before they've even taken their cloaks off.

So I allow the poor old Magi their day in the limelight for Nollag na mBan.
    Morning of the 7th, it's all over and the lot comes down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

This weekend, lights outside the house and on the tree are staying up as long as possible!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement