Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Button options

Options
  • 28-12-2015 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭

So we need a big button mobile for elderly relative and it must work on 3 Ireland as he lives in a home and thats the only network that works there.
    Options are very limited from what I can see.

We have an old Vodafone Nokia and they refuse to unlock it unless we spend €127 in the last 6 months. (as Vodafone will not work in the area its pointless topping up plus he cant afford to waste 127 and Vodafone wont back down and unlock it)

So we need a cheapish big button non smart phone for 20/30/40 quid.

Have spotted some great ones here on Amazon but not sure if they will work as it must operate on the 3 network as there are no other masts in the area at all and all other operators phones dont work there.

Can someone please tell me if one of the Amazon phones will work or point me in the direction of a suitable phone thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

So we need a big button mobile for elderly relative and it must work on 3 Ireland as he lives in a home and thats the only network that works there.
    Options are very limited from what I can see.

We have an old Vodafone Nokia and they refuse to unlock it unless we spend €127 in the last 6 months. (as Vodafone will not work in the area its pointless topping up plus he cant afford to waste 127 and Vodafone wont back down and unlock it)

So we need a cheapish big button non smart phone for 20/30/40 quid.

Have spotted some great ones here on Amazon but not sure if they will work as it must operate on the 3 network as there are no other masts in the area at all and all other operators phones dont work there.

Can someone please tell me if one of the Amazon phones will work or point me in the direction of a suitable phone thanks

Im sure any unlocked phone should work. They come up in aldi/lidl specials every so often although I expect you are unlikely to be able to wait for them to come round.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe 3 only operate a 3G network from their masts. The old 02 masts are the ones that have a 2G service. I'd contact the 3 reps on the talk to forum before making a purchase. They will be able to confirm if the phone will work or not.

Check out eBay.co.uk for unlock codes for the Nokia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

Doro

Gaygooner wrote: »
    Doro

Not 3G?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

Joo0 wrote: »
    Not 3G?

My dad has a Doro works fine on 3 network

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fouro

You can also walk into any Argos and buy a sim free mobile phone.

Advertisement