Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaisce: Is it too late to start?

Options
  • 28-12-2015 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm currently in TY and I want to start Gaisce this January 2016 for the bronze medal. Have I left it too late?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

As far as I know you don't necessarily have to finish your gaisce by the end of the school year. Ask the president awards leader (PAL :rolleyes:) in your school about it. A few people in my TY class last year have only finished it recently. If that doesn't work out, you may be able to do it through your local youth club or scouts group. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Depending on how scrupulous your PAL is, it may be even easier than you think

A few of my friends who went to a school in Galway said that they just signed up for it at the beginning of the year, didn't actually do any of the activities, and still received the bronze medal at the end of the year because the PAL had signed off on them without them knowing.

Completely goes against the purpose of the award but sure you'll have that

Advertisement