Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipod vs sd card filled with music in phone

Options
  • 28-12-2015 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

I have an ipod touch 4th gen which was great when I bought it first but over time has become clunky and slow, despite being only half full and updated to the latest ios etc. Also has a teeny cracking in the top corner. It's alright for listening to loaded music but awful for things like spotify and radio apps which I use a lot.

I was considering buying the newer model but now that I think of it, I might just be better off putting a 64gb sd card into my phone and sticking music on it. My phone is a galaxy s5 and it's what I use for spotify etc when out and about/on the go. Also, I find the whole iTunes setup a pain in the arsè, constantly glitchy and restrictive.

Are there any huge advantages to having an ipod as opposed to using my phone? Everything else I own is android anyway.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

I have an ipod touch 4th gen which was great when I bought it first but over time has become clunky and slow, despite being only half full and updated to the latest ios etc. Also has a teeny cracking in the top corner. It's alright for listening to loaded music but awful for things like spotify and radio apps which I use a lot.

I was considering buying the newer model but now that I think of it, I might just be better off putting a 64gb sd card into my phone and sticking music on it. My phone is a galaxy s5 and it's what I use for spotify etc when out and about/on the go. Also, I find the whole iTunes setup a pain in the arsè, constantly glitchy and restrictive.

Are there any huge advantages to having an ipod as opposed to using my phone? Everything else I own is android anyway.

Set your music free by dumping iTunes, it's a terrible software designed to trap you into the Apple ecosystem and does not play nice with Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Having two different devices has pros and cons, I prefer having two yokes myself.

What's a 64gb SD card going to cost compared to a 64gb iPod, then looking at not needing iTunes or having any of apples proprietary chargers etc.

There are some decent Android media players out there too, if only for offline music. Obviously for Spotify etc youd need the Data connection from your phone anyways, but they may be worth looking into

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Yes, itunes is a major peeve of mine, and I hate the way that non macbook/ipad users are expected to just suck it up :mad:

I already have a really decent 32gb micro sd so it won't cost me anything to give it a trial run to see how it goes before buying a 64gd card. I always preferred having 2 devices too until I started using spotify, now I think that just using the phone would be handier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I think the advantage is an ipod has long battery life, if used for just playing music,than a android phone.
    an ipod touch is cheaper than an iphone .
    with acess to all the apps,

itunes is now a disaster , too much going on,
    its used for movies ,book,s , music,
    they should just preinstall an apple music app on every iphone ,
    separate from itunes .
    copy all your music to a pc.
    then do a reset.
    it might run better.
    rocket player is very good ,for android,it,s a music player.its got a sleep timer mode,
    i got 2 32gig cards in aldi ,yesterday 25 euro.
    not all phones can use 64gig cards.
    many just use upto 32gig cards.

Google backup ipod to pc .
    reset deletes all your music, photos, from the ipod.

I think theres people who just buy all devices from apple,
    in theory they are easy to use .
    it,s like a religion .or a cult.
    And iphones are a bit of a status symbol.

IT Took android a few years to catch up with apple , in terms of user interface design.

i have windows 7, it works fine for me, if i wanna put music on my ipod.

Advertisement