Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iD Mobile - Half Price for 6 Months is Back

• 28-12-2015 2:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.idmobile.ie/great-billpay-offer

Half Price for Six Months is back on Bill Pay.

Example: 5000 Minute, 5000 Texts, 20GB Data is €14.50 per Month for Six Months on a 30 day Contract.

Sorry if posted already.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Is there a minimum contract term that you sign up for ?.
    Ie can you leave on 30 days notice after the 6 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

do you have to buy a phone? or can you buy sim only plan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

you can get a sim only plan with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

BrendanD wrote: »
    you can get a sim only plan with them

Does that work with the current offer though? Seems only to be phone plans.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Yes, I've moved to the €14.50 amount from Meteor to kind of see how the Network is. I'm paying €24 with Meteor as it is but the Network can be patchy.

Missus has Tesco so will be interesting to see how iD works on the Network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

Was on id for about a week, network patchy and what topped it off was the customer support. Had an issue where the voicemail number hadn't been set, when I rang them to get the number, they didn't have a clue. Kept giving me the wrong number and were fairly arsey to boot. Managed to Google the number but doesn't inspire confidence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

I am on the I'd website

I choose the s6 on a 24 month contract (free handset)

I just want the basic 10euro pm price plan

Add that to the checkout basket and it comes up monthly handset price €24xx and 8€ monthly for my price plan.. Nearly 34 euro

It's supposed to be free, on a 24month contract as advertised on the site.

Am I doing something wrong or is the site rigged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

swampy353 wrote: »
    Was on id for about a week, network patchy and what topped it off was the customer support. Had an issue where the voicemail number hadn't been set, when I rang them to get the number, they didn't have a clue. Kept giving me the wrong number and were fairly arsey to boot. Managed to Google the number but doesn't inspire confidence
    Any chance of a link/guide to setting-up the voicemail number?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

spongbob wrote: »
    I am on the I'd website

I choose the s6 on a 24 month contract (free handset)

I just want the basic 10euro pm price plan

Add that to the checkout basket and it comes up monthly handset price €24xx and 8€ monthly for my price plan.. Nearly 34 euro

It's supposed to be free, on a 24month contract as advertised on the site.

Am I doing something wrong or is the site rigged

You either go with a more expensive monthly plan and get the phone for free or a small price. Or you pay a chunk for the phone up front and get a cheap monthly plan. No such thing as getting a cheap plan and the latest phone in the range for free!

Also, be very wary of anything that says "from XX". Still though, not sure how they can advertise it like that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I had joined iD mobile at the initial stages. Left after the first month, as while the coverage was fine, seemed to be getting frequent outages where I was unable to be reached, and couldn't make calls. Happened 3 times in one week, always seemed to be around peak time (just after 5, everyone calling home to see what's for dinner? :-) )Anyone currently using them, has it improved?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

My sister is using one of the friends/family sims since launch. She said the network didn't seem good and I think they sent her a replacement sim but it hasn't really improved. She's getting a really good price so I was hoping it wasn't the network but after reading the above posts, maybe it is :(

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

I am with ID, delighted with package but not so much with the network. I had been wondering is it because of my phone cause it is my father in laws phone so is a few years old. It doesn't even have 3G on it. The phone is unblocked so I'm in 2 minds as whether to wait till month is up and change to another network or buy a new phone and stay with id but then that is tying me to the network which I'm not sure I want to do but I thought a new phone might improve signal
    Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

cormie wrote: »
    My sister is using one of the friends/family sims since launch. She said the network didn't seem good and I think they sent her a replacement sim but it hasn't really improved. She's getting a really good price so I was hoping it wasn't the network but after reading the above posts, maybe it is :(

What network are they ?are they on the back of 3 network or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

crazygeryy wrote: »
    What network are they ?are they on the back of 3 network or what?

A quick Google would tell you they run off 3.

I am with ID, delighted with package but not so much with the network. I had been wondering is it because of my phone cause it is my father in laws phone so is a few years old. It doesn't even have 3G on it. The phone is unblocked so I'm in 2 minds as whether to wait till month is up and change to another network or buy a new phone and stay with id but then that is tying me to the network which I'm not sure I want to do but I thought a new phone might improve signal
    Any suggestions?

Just buy a phone you know is already unlocked, whether that's a second hand one or brand new, there's plenty to choose from that will work on any network.

Techmaster wrote: »
    A quick Google would tell you they run off 3.

Why Google when you can answer for me?

I'm joking your right.i thought of it after i asked the question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

I'm with them, the network is fine, works well, I've had no issues. My gripe is that they have no data top up when you use your data you get charged at a rate of €5 per 250MB so make sure you select enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭A Law

Im with them as well. Normally get between 5 and 7 Mbps on 3g in Dublin. Haven't had any down time in ages, had a few at the start. Had a problem with the internet at the start and their technical support was very good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭slegs

Any suggestions?

There should be no issue getting 3G or 4G for that matter. That sounds like your phone not the network. Call their customer care

• Advertisement

slegs wrote: »
    There should be no issue getting 3G or 4G for that matter. That sounds like your phone not the network. Call their customer care

The problem here is that 3 never had a 2G network other than what they inherited in buying O2. While they were rolling out some years ago they had a deal with Vodafone for 2G but now they have mostly 3G and 4G. Anyone stuck using a phone that does not work on 3G or 4G will suffer

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mattmattmatt

Was just wondering if anyone could tell me when the plan will actually start if you order one of these? So my current bill is not up yet and wont be before this offer ends at the start of Feb so just wondering if I order the sim then will it start immediately or wait until I activate it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Anyone stuck using a phone that does not work on 3G or 4G will suffer
    Not true with 3. I've been using their 2G network primarily for over 2 years now and I've never had an issue calling or texting and nobody has ever had an issue getting in touch with me.

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Not true with 3. I've been using their 2G network primarily for over 2 years now and I've never had an issue calling or texting and nobody has ever had an issue getting in touch with me.

What phone have you got? I said anyone with an old phone that does not support the 3g frequencies will struggle, yours obviously supports the 3g frequencies and uses them in 2g mode
    http://m.gsmarena.com/network-bands.php3?sCountry=IRELAND

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

What size sim do they send out? Just ordered there and need a nano sim.

You select what size you need

You select what size you need

When? I went through the whole order process and wasn't asked once. Tried it again there and could not find the option to select.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

If its multi-size I'm guessing its one of those cards that's perforated so you can break off what is not needed no?

Like this?

stock-illustration-62191654-types-of-sim-cards-vector-illustration.jpg

madcabbage wrote: »
    If its multi-size I'm guessing its one of those cards that's perforated so you can break off what is not needed no?

Like this?

stock-illustration-62191654-types-of-sim-cards-vector-illustration.jpg

It's probably something like that. I haven't ordered a new sim card in ages. Used to be that I had to always get them cut down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭slegs

You will get a tri-sim that will work in all phones. You just pop out the smallest size for nano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Anyone know if the bill pay contract is rolling or a fixed 12 months?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭themoney

Sim only is 30-days cancellation or something like that.
    If you get a plan with a phone it looked to be a fixed contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

themoney wrote: »
    Sim only is 30-days cancellation or something like that.
    If you get a plan with a phone it looked to be a fixed contract.

So you could cancel a half price Sim-Only after 6 months in theory?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭themoney

You can cancel the Sim only rolling contract whenever you want but it will take 30-days

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I joined them probably a week before they did the half price offer. Boo. :(
    Moved from Vodafone and have found it all fine. Coverage fine, no outages, internet fine, voice quality very, very good (better than what I had with VF) I get 10 times the data I had with VF and 2.5 times the minutes for half the price of VF. All working fine for me.
    Don't forget that they are piggybacking off 3, who have had problems lately so there is some things which will be totally outside of their control, you always need to take this into account if you are going to sign up to an MVNO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

themoney wrote: »
    You can cancel the Sim only rolling contract whenever you want but it will take 30-days

Or within 14 days OR if they aren't providing the offered service.

I'm live now 1 day and can't get a signal in my home. Seems I'm in a "patchy" area(been on the phone about it) so I'm invoking my 14 day cancellation and heading back to the €24 meteor plan. Ah well, tried to save money but it didn't work out.

I live semi rural so network shouldn't be perfect but sitting in a small house with "emergency calls only" isnt ideal.

And I shared the deal. F sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭beecee

I've got as far as being asked for my bank details and haven't been asked if I want to keep my old number... I assume that's coming?!?

I had been planning to avail of Virgin's 4 months free, but if I can't face the thoughts of dealing with them. It's bad enough for tv!

beecee wrote: »
    I've got as far as being asked for my bank details and haven't been asked if I want to keep my old number... I assume that's coming?!?

I had been planning to avail of Virgin's 4 months free, but if I can't face the thoughts of dealing with them. It's bad enough for tv!

You get that option when you're activating the Sim

Been all over Dublin with this over the passed 2 days. No issues anywhere I have been. 4g is pretty good too. Same speeds mostly as with Three direct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭beecee

Sign up was pretty painless. As mentioned you switch your number by ringing up (between 8am and 8pm)... after the call it took about an hour to switch.

The only thing not mention was setting up the APN for data. So FYI:

Name: Internet
    APN: internet
    MMC: 272
    MNC: 16
    MMS port: 8799
    APN type: default,mms

That worked for me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Steve_hooo

Was just wondering if anyone could tell me when the plan will actually start if you order one of these? So my current bill is not up yet and wont be before this offer ends at the start of Feb so just wondering if I order the sim then will it start immediately or wait until I activate it?

Offers extended, it now ends 02/03/2016. http://www.idmobile.ie/great-billpay-offer-hp

My sister is still having trouble on this Network. Do the likes of Three/ID Mobile/Tesco/48 all have different coverage and coverage quality or should it be the exact same regardless of which 3 piggy backer you're with?

My sister is still having trouble on this Network. Do the likes of Three/ID Mobile/Tesco/48 all have different coverage and coverage quality or should it be the exact same regardless of which 3 piggy backer you're with?

Only iD offer 3G and 4G, others just have 3G. Three themselves have a 2G roaming deal with Vodafone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Tesco and lyca piggyback on the ex-02 part of the network so is more reliable apparently.

The rest including iD are using the 3 network. I'm with iD since August, its basic but I haven't had any problems.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

I've had problems roaming, it didn't work but it was a blessing to be honest.

Other than that much better coverage than Tesco mobile and 4g is great, it's my first time using it. Plenty fast.

Cracking deal IMO.

Thanks for the input folks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭A Law

Back running until the 31/5/16

Im already on this deal but its finished in one month.i was thinking of leaving but i would stay if i got another 6 month s half price.is it new customers only?

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Im already on this deal but its finished in one month.i was thinking of leaving but i would stay if i got another 6 month s half price.is it new customers only?

You could always leave for 30 days and come back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

I cancelled with this crowd.. The connection was absolutely useless .. Data connection dropping at random times . Sometimes even the cell reception would go for hours at a time . Back to meteor for me .

• Advertisement
Advertisement