Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit card

Options
  • 28-12-2015 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

I did the online application for the classic credit card a few days before Xmas but heard nothing back from it. How long will I have to wait for word back. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi woody84,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

It’s possible to check the status of your Credit Card application by calling our Lending team on 0818 200 334 and select option 2 followed by option 1. A representative will be happy to advise you on your application.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭woody84

My application for a credit card was turned now. Can I reapply again or will the same thing happen. I did the online application. Would it be better to call into my local branch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

woody84 wrote: »
    My application for a credit card was turned now. Can I reapply again or will the same thing happen. I did the online application.  Would it be better to call into my local branch?
    Good Morning woody84, 

The application criteria would be the same but you can contact your branch to discuss the decision on your application. To do this please book an appointment with an adviser in your branch here.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need anything else and thanks for getting in touch.

Nicola 

I was talking to someone and they advised me to do the application with a few changes (one or two parts that I filled in wrong ) will I get a confirmation email if approved or will I have to wait again for the yes or no letter in the post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Good Morning woody24,

Confirmation of your application will be posted rather than emailed for security reasons, you will receive this letter within three to five working days of the decision.

Thanks for getting in touch and please let us know if there is anything else we can help with today.

Evie

• Advertisement

A couple of months ago I did the online application for the classic credit card but never got a reply back. So I've decided to go straight to my local branch and do it face to face. Could you tell me please what documentation etc I will need for the application. My job pays me cash in hand with no payslip therefore I currently have no proof of income.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

woody84 wrote: »
    A couple of months ago I did the online application for the classic credit card but never got a reply back.  So I've decided to go straight to my local branch and do it face to face. Could you tell me please what documentation etc I will need for the application. My job pays me cash in hand with no payslip therefore I currently have no proof of income.
    Good Morning woody84,

Thanks for getting in touch with us, if you do not have a wage slip you can provide your current account statement showing incomings. If your current account does not reflect this either then you would need to request a wage slip from your employer to be able to apply. 

Thanks, 
    Evie

Advertisement