Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Photos app on iPhone - should it take up GB's of space?

Options
  • 28-12-2015 3:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

To store the photos locally on your phone they have to take up space.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Is there any settings in the app to store locally?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Championship Vinyl

I've 5GB's of photos on Google Photos (stored) and the app takes up 80mb.

So I guess some of the data is cached on your phone?

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Championship Vinyl

If that's the case, there's no way. It's the nature of the app and would require development I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭space2ground1

Sorry to add a Q to the thread but is there any way to stop Google Photos on iOS from adding the camera roll to the google photos stream on the phone? All my photos from the phone have been added to the stream but have the little crossed out cloud on them indicating that I haven't got auto backup allowed.

I don't want my camera roll photos involved in it in any way and when I disable access to the camera roll, the app won't open.

The cynical me is wondering whether the location on the photos (if I uploaded them) is worth knowing to google for targeted advertising etc.

I just want to use it as a backup for my DSLR photos from the laptop and to view them on the phone easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Sorry to add a Q to the thread but is there any way to stop Google Photos on iOS from adding the camera roll to the google photos stream on the phone? All my photos from the phone have been added to the stream but have the little crossed out cloud on them indicating that I haven't got auto backup allowed.

I don't want my camera roll photos involved in it in any way and when I disable access to the camera roll, the app won't open.

The cynical me is wondering whether the location on the photos (if I uploaded them) is worth knowing to google for targeted advertising etc.

I just want to use it as a backup for my DSLR photos from the laptop and to view them on the phone easily.

Bit too cynical I think. Try Dropbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Advertisement
Advertisement