Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Star Wars: Battlefront PC

• 28-12-2015 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hey guys!

Just curious how people are finding this game?

I've had it about 3 days and absolutely for PC love it. I spent the first, maybe hour.... just dying constantly because I was looking at the background details and map layout (especially on Jakku). My PC is running on ultra settings and it's beautiful looking! It plays just like battlefield.

My name is CyborgSlayer1987, see you guys on the battlefield!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I just got it a few days ago too. I've never really been into Battlefield, but the constant bombardment of Star Wars the past few weeks tipped me over the edge. I'm fairly crap at the on foot sections, as I'm only Rank 12 and don't have the decent guns/cards yet, but I'm fairly handy with the air combat, which is why I have an 80%+ win rate!

The graphics are stunning, as is the atmosphere.

I'm wanosd620 on Origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Zomb13!

Very cool man. I'm only at lv8 just now, but slowly getting there. I spend most of my time wandering about taking in the scenery and audio.

I'll add you later when I get on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Everything I've read says that the atmosphere is ridiculously Star Wars and feels like you're running around inside the movies, but that after the novelty of all that wears off you get mediocre and repetitive gameplay.

I heard that too. I'm yet to hit that point. I think if you're a massive fan of the movies, it won't wear off. Every game I'm hearing and seeing new things. Little nods to the movie here and there.

My only problem is just with the weapons. Once you hit a certain level, you've pretty much unlocked everything. I'd like some sort of weapon customisation, like scopes and rails etc... but can't fault it for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Main Battlefront thread over here : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057151620&page=26

PC forum over here : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1613&order=desc

I won't buy the game out of principle. Giving EA your money just encourages them to keep doing this crap with the DLC.
    If people didn't buy this half released game there would be a better future for gaming....but...money talks....and gamers just keep giving it to EA.

• Advertisement

How very boogie2988 of you to say.

I agree totally with you (and boogie), but it's not just EA that are doing this. Season passes and DLC are a usual thing now. It's sucks, yes. EA are bad for releasing buggy games, but the sheer size of the games like battlefield 3 and 4 would mean months, maybe years of quality testing. Yearly releases like assassins creed and call of duty are ruining the industry more.

Releases like GTA V are more how games should be made and released. But again, it was released unfinished and always adding DLC.

What bugs me more, is PS4 and XBOX. With the whole pay to play online BS. Paying for a game, then DLC and an Internet connection THEN an extra payment just to get online is absurd.

But that's just me. Doesn't sway my interest in the game as both an EA fan and Star Wars fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Sneak

Visually stunning but thats as far as it goes for me! The replayability just doesn't seem to be there! I play one or two games then I'm just like meh and throw on something different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I got bored ****less of it from the Alpha/Beta, so held off to see what it was like on release. Only one of the gang I play BF4 with picked it up, and said he stopped playing it quicker then Hardline. Which says it all for me.

A nice idea and probably a nice gateway to maybe capitalise on the Star Wars hype and get people into Battlefield ahead of whatever title comes out in 2016, but it was very much a watered down BF experience. Real pity, as I love the Star Wars universe and plenty of Star Wars games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I dunno what they were thinking with the cards system. It would have worked far better if it just had been Battlefield with a Star Wars skin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I am so terrible at this game. It's my own fault, as I really should use a keyboard/mouse, rather than the joypad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement