Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Blackthorn / Rockfield in Dundrum / opinions?

Options
  • 28-12-2015 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Does anyone live (or have lived) in either the Blackthorn or Rockfield apartments in Dundrum?

Are they generally well built? Is it a good mix of owner occupiers/rentals? Is the traffic really bad in around there?

I have my eye on these -my friend is buying in 2016 and this is one area that he can afford a 2 bed apt for approx €300k I think it is good value -location & amentites plentiful. Also it is in a nice safe spot.

Any useful information about these developments would be kindly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Any time I've been that direction traffic has been OK. I imagine it could be another matter at rush hour. However, you do have the shops and Luas downstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭GalwayBmw

Not as good as Wyckham Place/Southemede nevermind Wyckham Point. Saw 4 or 5 apts late last year looks like the whole complex is inhabited by 75% renters/sharers plus apts are bit over congested. An average apt woud be more exhausted than you'd expect for its age. Very tricky bidding process due unrealistic owners expectations and too many timewasters. Under a few occasions we saw the actual sale price to be 30k+ lower than the one we heard during the 'biddin war' phase. On a good side - location and all what comes out of it. I wouldn't pay more than 320k for it regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

Thanks for the replies!

I think location will win in the end for my friend. It's a place that I would love to live in as well in the future.

So handy with the shopping centre and the green line Luas stop on site.

Advertisement