Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Eircom webmail basic vs advanced

Options
  • 28-12-2015 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Regardless of whether I tick the 'basic' box at login time, I get the same version.
    It appears very basic. Only text emails.
    Anyone know how I get the advanced version please?
    Ger

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Some ancient eircom accounts still use an old and very basic email system so it doesn't matter what option you choose. You'll need to contact eir(com) and get them to switch you over to the newer system. If you're no longer an eircom customer though, just forget it, they won't do a thing for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Alun is almost right.

You're on the old 1990s email accounts, they don't migrate you by default as it wipes your emails server side. If you dont have broadband with them then you just gotta call a 1530 numbe (30c /min) and request they do the change.

ED E wrote: »
    Alun is almost right.
    What did I say that was incorrect in your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭gerdalt

I am that man.
    Very old eircom email addresses and no longer an Eircom customer.
    So in all fairness I can't expect any support.
    But good to understand what's going on.
    Thanks to you both.
    Ger

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Alun wrote: »
    What did I say that was incorrect in your opinion?

I'd imagine it was this?
    If you're no longer an eircom customer though, just forget it, they won't do a thing for you.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

I'd imagine it was this?
    Possibly, but that's been my own experience when I've tried getting support for both myself and others in that situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Alun wrote: »
    Possibly, but that's been my own experience when I've tried getting support for both myself and others in that situation.

I guess it's hit and miss depending on the mood of the person you get through to. I've had both good and bad results in the past myself so I know what you mean. I'm sure too that the person seeking the supports attitude could be a factor as well?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement