Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instead of an ignore member option: is there an ignore thread option?

Options
  • 28-12-2015 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,424 ✭✭✭✭

Ignore member option is only partly beneficial as once still sees the posters name if they are the most recent poster on the thread, only when you click on the thread does the ignore poster code work.
    Thanks

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm afraid due to the limitations of the software that Boards runs on there's no such option available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

You could just not click on the thread. Ignore users stops you seeing what they posted themselves. It doesn't hide their name - is the name so offensive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Is there a way to stop a poster from pm'ing you? But not others?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Tilly wrote: »

Just tell the poster in question that you are not interested and if they keep it up you will be reporting them to admin for unsolicited messaging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Yeah I've done that. Think I've figured it out. Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Tilly wrote: »

Put the user on ignore and their PMs are auto-deleted upon receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

If you are getting to the stage that you're ignoring whole threads because 1 poster posts in it, well...

Personally, I think that facilitating ignore threads defeats the whole purpose of the site. 1 annoying poster shouldn't mean whole threads are ignored, personal responsibility then takes over.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Yeah, when yet another AH thread descends into Shinnerbot versus West Brit digs, I'd love a way to make that thread simply disappear from the forum on my screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Ignore: refuse to take notice of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally.

I do that to threads I have no interest in all the time. Especially in the film forum when I'm trying to avoid spoilers.

And I don't even need to evoke my Jedi powers to do it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

It really should be as simple as don't click on the thread, unfortunately click bait type thread titles are in vogue at the moment so it can be something of a lucky dip as to what's actually being discussed.

Having said that, there's no way you could say the title of the thread about Joan Burton falling out of a boat was in anyway vague, well done to the OP there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

I think it's a pain that if you ignore someone you still get notified if they respond on thread.

Advertisement