Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viewing video capture on Laptop/tv

• 28-12-2015 9:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭

I do target archery and would like to get a video camera which can be connected to a laptop/tv, so I can view the video capture of my training on the bigger screen of the laptop/tv.

Would any body have any recommendations of what I need to look for please?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Most cameras can do that, these days.

Most have a HDMI or mini-HDMI output connections.

Even a GoPro would do what you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Paulw wrote: »
    Most cameras can do that, these days.

Most have a HDMI or mini-HDMI output connections.

Even a GoPro would do what you need.

Cheers for the response. HDMI will allow me connect it to a tv alright, but I would prefer some way of connecting to a laptop as it is more portable. But most laptops I see have only HDMI out. Or an I missing something?

For a laptop, most cameras have a USB port, so connect the camera to laptop via USB. Then transfer the video across to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Paulw wrote: »
    For a laptop, most cameras have a USB port, so connect the camera to laptop via USB. Then transfer the video across to play.

Again thanks for the response. Yes, I know about this and this is what I do at present. However what I am looking to do is to hook a video camera up to a laptop so that I can watch what I am doing in training in real time on a larger screen than that of the video recorder.

In short I want to utilise a video camera and laptop as a sports training aid and was hoping somebody here might know what is required for this.

What I would be looking to do is record each shot and then be able to watch it back and analyse my shot technique and make any necessary technique changes before the next shot. Uploading videos from camera to laptop on a shot by shot basis would take too long.

You might get better luck in the Video Editing forum on boards. You can always ask a mod to move the topic for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement