Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clarkes of Dublin - Shaving Soaps

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I have a ton of new soaps at the moment including some Barrister & Mann Lavanille so happy

You're going to have a job topping B&M. Top-tier stuff. I swap around daily but go to B&M for my guaranteed good shave. Lavanille, in particular, is a lovely spring scent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Just checked out the ingredient list for B&M and it looks impressive. The first 4 ingredients include 2 types of stearate and 2 types of tallow.

Looks like it should be a top notch soap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

You're going to have a job topping B&M. Top-tier stuff. I swap around daily but go to B&M for my guaranteed good shave. Lavanille, in particular, is a lovely spring scent.

I went for the Lavanille. Performance is incredible and I find the scent nice but completely overpowering. Shaved with it last night and my face and hands still reek of the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

There's a few North American artisans who boast a stronger scent. I guess I would put Lavanille at a 7 or 8. A few of his scents are cologne-like which stick around for a few hours. His other fougeres and a select few like Leviathan fall into this category. I really enjoy it but I like strong scents. He offers lots of scents that don't linger and are more like a 5 or 6 in strength compared to Lavanille. Now you know the performance is good you can circle back and get some samples to find scents that appeal to you. On the plus side you'll have no trouble selling Lavanille.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Tried the Clarkes of Dublin soap this morning and I have to agree with hitemfrank, it's pretty disappointing. It actually lathers up ok and the slickness isn't too bad but the lather dissipates very quickly and offers pretty poor cushioning for the shave. Used a very mild razor (Gilette Tech) but my face was pretty red after the shave.

• Advertisement
Advertisement