Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total number of posts

Options
  • 28-12-2015 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭

So I have posted 7 times including this, my profile says I have a post count of 1 post, any idea why?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

There has been about a 3 hour delay in the number of posts a person makes actually being right. Also their was a server problem the other day that has messed up a few features. Also posts in some forums don't count towards your total posts. Puzzles & Quizzes being one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

ken wrote: »
    There has been about a 3 hour delay in the number of posts a person makes actually being right. Also their was a server problem the other day that has messed up a few features. Also posts in some forums don't count towards your total posts. Puzzles & Quizzes being one.

Mine are in normal forums, they used to appear on my total post count, got wiped ?yesterday. I'll wait and see if they reappear, thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've no explanation for this one. While there are some forums that are deliberately excluded from post count, I'm not aware of the ones you've posted in being among them.

Currently have 14 results when you search my posts, only showing as 8. 6 epic posts not counting toward my quest for 25.

Still have 6 posts missing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I've just had a good look at your account. The posts that you make in here and in Feedback do not increment your post count. If you would like me to screenshot what I can see, just let me know, but rest assured that everything looks fine from this side at the present time.

-Shield.

Shield wrote: »
    I've just had a good look at your account. The posts that you make in here and in Feedback do not increment your post count. If you would like me to screenshot what I can see, just let me know, but rest assured that everything looks fine from this side at the present time.

-Shield.

Thanks for looking, not to worry either way, I'm not in a big hurry to get to 25, its just a slight annoyance that you can't reply to people who have links in their post without first deleting the URL. I'll get there soon enough and completely understand the reason the 25 rule is there. All the best anyway and I'll trouble you here no more.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Not a problem. I'll close this off, but if you change your mind just drop me a PM and I'll show you what posts count towards the 'post count' number you see.

All the best.

-Shield.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Sorry Shield, but you're wrong on this one. Helpdesk and Feedback do count. If you unapprove one of his posts on here, you'll see his post count drop by one in realtime.

Happy if my post count stays as is but clarification as to what counts and what doesn't would be good, but I'll get there either way! Thanks.

• Advertisement

I keep a list of forums that don't count in the stick in N&F:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056265452

but none of your posts are in there, bar 1 reported post.

Then I'm none the wiser why the discrepancy is there.

I do indeed stand corrected. My apologies for the unintentional misinformation.

The only other thing I can suggest would be for an Admin to systematically 'Unapprove' each of your posts, one at a time, until the problem is identified. I can't guarantee that this will resolve the issue, but it could give a valuable insight into why this is happening, which could then be passed to our technical people for investigation.

Again: I am sorry for getting it wrong this time around. I live and learn.

-Shield.

If it helps with site generally, work away, but it doesn't matter to me personally. It was just odd how the site initially counted all of my posts, then, whilst the actual posts remained, all of a sudden the count dropped down to 1 again. They weren't great posts admittedly but boards internal workings are ignoring them! After It was accurate to start with.

Think this user name is cursed!

If it helps with site generally, work away, but it doesn't matter to me personally. It was just odd how the site initially counted all of my posts, then, whilst the actual posts remained, all of a sudden the count dropped down to 1 again. They weren't great posts admittedly but boards internal workings are ignoring them! After It was accurate to start with.

Think this user name is cursed!

It's the first instance of this I've seen, so it's worth finding out what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I think in the overall scheme of things, this isn't a major issue.

It's something that will have to be dealt with in due course, so please bear with it until then.

No idea when it will be resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement