Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air rifle noobie

Options
  • 29-12-2015 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hello my name is brendan and am looking to get a .177 or a 22 air rifle for target shooting mainly but i will also hunt rats on my mate property slash farm can anyone tell me the process and do i have a good enough reason to be granted a licance

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

can anyone tell me the process
    This is from another thread but covers the basics.

Anything else can be found here.
    and do i have a good enough reason to be granted a licance
    For taret shooting you'll need to provide membership details of the range you're in or going to join. Target shooting outside of a range is illegal so don't go down that road as your application will be refused.

For hunting you need to provide at least two signed letters of permission from land owners/farmers to show you have land to hunt on.

Then in section 4.2 of the FCA1 you tick both boxes (hunting & target shooting) and you're good to go.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭tonytoc11

Hello my name is brendan and am looking to get a .177 or a 22 air rifle for target shooting mainly but i will also hunt rats on my mate property slash farm can anyone tell me the process and do i have a good enough reason to be granted a licance

Where in the country are you?

Advertisement