Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help on this photo effect

Options
  • 29-12-2015 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi everyone,

I need your help on this certain photo effect. I'm trying to figure out how to achieve a similar look like this:

www(d0t)instagram(d0t)com/p/_2hLGwzUZh/
    www(d0t)boohoo(d0t)com/content/ebiz/boohoo/resources/images/headerbanner/arctic-nights.jpg?v=15122900
    www(d0t)boohoo(d0t)com/content/ebiz/boohoo/resources/landingpages/trends_v2_2015/img/161115_image5_WRKF-2062.jpg
    www(d0t)instagram(d0t)com/p/_oJzOFzUas/

seems these photos are taken in a dark spot where the main subject is more exposed than the background at the same time giving a more crisp color.

I hope I'm making sense here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Its just using off camera flashes/strobes. Thebackground doesn't have to be darker. The flashes could be stronger than the ambient light and thats what is exposed for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 michelleaneous

pete4130 wrote: »
    Its just using off camera flashes/strobes. Thebackground doesn't have to be darker. The flashes could be stronger than the ambient light and thats what is exposed for.

so we don't need any post process to get this effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

There is obviously some post processing involved after the shot was taken. IT is just using off camera flashes, casting shadows, high contrast but primarily its using off camera flashes to create a stark contrast.

Advertisement