Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband advice

Options
  • 29-12-2015 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I am currently with Meteor and get 20gb for 10 euro per month. (it was a promotion that was on and will change to 20 per month in Jan but I can leave my contract as the 12 months will be up.
    I have recently purchased chromecast and hope to stream football through an app which I have on my phone but I have a feeling that 20gb will not suffice from now on. Can anyone recommend a decent unlimited broadband provider which won't cost an arm and a leg. I live about 2 mille outside of letterKenny. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Technique

20gb will be more than enough for streaming. Verify this before moving to a higher speed and more expensive package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

Technique wrote: »
    20gb will be more than enough for streaming. Verify this before moving to a higher speed and more expensive package.

I have to refute this, there's no way that'd be enough.

Your best bet would be to ring up Eircom/Vodafone and ask how much their Broadband Only package is. There's Magnet too, but all I've heard from relatives is bad experiences, YMMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,847 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Technique wrote: »
    20gb will be more than enough for streaming.

No, it really, really won't be.

A decent football stream can eat 2-5GB an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 33,627 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I was on a 20gb monthly allowance from VF and had recently picked up a chromecast which both myself and the kids had started to make use of.

I noticed on my monthly usage that we were getting near the limit, and this was only on the early days of streaming. I changed my account to unlimited for an extra €6 per month.

Since then we have streamed a lot more often, it's a great service and now we don't need to worry about being charged extra.

20gb if streaming good quality like 720p isn't a lot.

Advertisement