Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple support is a joke!

• 29-12-2015 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I have an apple 5C. I got this from my service provider here in Ireland (Three). I bought it on my credit card and it was factory unlocked by Apple. After one month the phone battery started to fully discharge within 2 hours. This is the second time I have had this problem with a 5C. Went through all the trouble shooting with Apple, AGAIN, but it did not fix the problem. I called Apple again and after a VERY long time I had to speak to a supervisor as the solutions given to me were of no help i.e. go to the nearest Apple store. The nearest Apple store is in another country! This didn't seem to phase the woman I was talking to. The supervisor called Joao apologised and said he was SOO sorry and he was making it his personal quest to help me. He said that he would send out a replacement phone and I was to send back my 5C with the courier. GREAT. Then he said that he had to take 327 euros of my credit card until he received. So I had np option but to agree to that! 10 days later I had heard nothing from Apple. No email, no calls, NO PHONE. I called apple support again and after spending another 20 minutes waiting I spoke to a women who was called Nuano (I think that is the spelling). I started to tell her the problem and in short, halfway through my explaining she talked over me and said that the order was cancelled. I asked why I had not been told of this and she said that it was not Apples problem and it was up to me to call them for an update. I said that this was not the sort of customer support I would expect from Apple and she said , well that is how it is and then hung up!!! She was the rudest most ignorant person I have ever had the misfortune to speak too. As I was very angry over this and called support again and spoke to a lovely lady called Jill who listened both to my issue with the phone AND Nuano, who should be fired. She said this was not acceptable and she put me through to a supervisor called Joe Sacchieri Now we are going on 50 minutes for this phone call!

Joe was very sympathetic (nothing new there) and said that he would be reporting Nueno and he would personally take care of my issue with the phone and get back to me. I thought I was getting somewhere. 5 days later and a few email from me and nothing so I called again. Went through the whole issue again with a guy called Glen. He apologised on behalf of Apple (I this this is the only thing these idiots are trained to do). Told me that the order was cancelled AGAIN and that was that.

I received and email this morning which read :

We regret that we are unable to reactivate this repair using the provided POP. Apple previously denied the Express Replacement service request for this customer. Discrepancies were found in previous customer returned products and/or Proof of Purchase.

I have never returned anything to Apple! I have the receipt from my credit card to say it was me who bought the phone from Three. It was unlocked by Apple and the unlock code sent to my email address. How much more evidence do you need to know that this phone is mine.

Apple support is a timewasting joke. Lots of apologies and nothing else. I am absolutely disgusted with the amount of time I have wasted on this. Apple are now so big that the ordinary person means nothing.
    What do I do now????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Talk to Three? That's who your guarantee is with as you purchased from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭stoksyXL

Think you have to go back to three about this.

I've bought all my apple products directly from Apple for years and years and I can vouch for them as being 100% helpful and solving any issues I've had with my products, and I've had loads of problems and phones / iPads sent back and exchanged.

I think they see it as three's problem as you got the phone from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Championship Vinyl

Strange, when I got mine through Vodafone, I contacted Apple and they replaced a phone for me in a week. That was about 6 months ago...

Maybe it has something to do with how stock is handled between them and Three?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

gettafeck wrote: »
    I have an apple 5C. I got this from my service provider here in Ireland (Three). I bought it on my credit card and it was factory unlocked by Apple. After one month the phone battery started to fully discharge within 2 hours. This is the second time I have had this problem with a 5C. Went through all the trouble shooting with Apple, AGAIN, but it did not fix the problem. I called Apple again and after a VERY long time I had to speak to a supervisor as the solutions given to me were of no help i.e. go to the nearest Apple store. The nearest Apple store is in another country! This didn't seem to phase the woman I was talking to. The supervisor called Joao apologised and said he was SOO sorry and he was making it his personal quest to help me. He said that he would send out a replacement phone and I was to send back my 5C with the courier. GREAT. Then he said that he had to take 327 euros of my credit card until he received. So I had np option but to agree to that! 10 days later I had heard nothing from Apple. No email, no calls, NO PHONE. I called apple support again and after spending another 20 minutes waiting I spoke to a women who was called Nuano (I think that is the spelling). I started to tell her the problem and in short, halfway through my explaining she talked over me and said that the order was cancelled. I asked why I had not been told of this and she said that it was not Apples problem and it was up to me to call them for an update. I said that this was not the sort of customer support I would expect from Apple and she said , well that is how it is and then hung up!!! She was the rudest most ignorant person I have ever had the misfortune to speak too. As I was very angry over this and called support again and spoke to a lovely lady called Jill who listened both to my issue with the phone AND Nuano, who should be fired. She said this was not acceptable and she put me through to a supervisor called Joe Sacchieri Now we are going on 50 minutes for this phone call!

Joe was very sympathetic (nothing new there) and said that he would be reporting Nueno and he would personally take care of my issue with the phone and get back to me. I thought I was getting somewhere. 5 days later and a few email from me and nothing so I called again. Went through the whole issue again with a guy called Glen. He apologised on behalf of Apple (I this this is the only thing these idiots are trained to do). Told me that the order was cancelled AGAIN and that was that.

We regret that we are unable to reactivate this repair using the provided POP. Apple previously denied the Express Replacement service request for this customer. Discrepancies were found in previous customer returned products and/or Proof of Purchase.

I have never returned anything to Apple! I have the receipt from my credit card to say it was me who bought the phone from Three. It was unlocked by Apple and the unlock code sent to my email address. How much more evidence do you need to know that this phone is mine.

Apple support is a timewasting joke. Lots of apologies and nothing else. I am absolutely disgusted with the amount of time I have wasted on this. Apple are now so big that the ordinary person means nothing.
    What do I do now????
    That's a nice story but by the end of it you forgot what you said at the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

What do I do now????

Head to another country, or as some of us here call it; Belfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Rgb.ie

Had similar experience with apple support, couldn't use express repair for some unknown reason.

Headed up to Belfast and got it changed on the spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

is it so hard to drive to Belfast??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭xband

It's very odd that they've no retail here at all.

Some legacy agreement signed with retailers perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Why should someone have to travel to another country as it is more convenient for the manufacturer? Apple are the only company that I know of that tells a consumer to just go to their store with their defect product. Any other retailer like Amazon will it convenient and easy for customers to return damaged products. Apple are generally quite difficult to deal with regarding faulty products.

If someone was living in rural America. I seriously doubt they tell them to also travel 3/4 hours to the next major city with an apple store. The idea that someone must send serving hours driving, spend money on transport just because it save the company time and money is ridiculous IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

newacc2015 wrote: »
    Why should someone have to travel to another country as it is more convenient for the manufacturer? Apple are the only company that I know of that tells a consumer to just go to their store with their defect product. Any other retailer like Amazon will it convenient and easy for customers to return damaged products. Apple are generally quite difficult to deal with regarding faulty products.

If someone was living in rural America. I seriously doubt they tell them to also travel 3/4 hours to the next major city with an apple store. The idea that someone must send serving hours driving, spend money on transport just because it save the company time and money is ridiculous IMO.

or just use the mail option which apple will offer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

at least compare like for like..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

or just use the mail option which apple will offer

would be great if apple had any ability to provide ups with the correct address, the hassle i have had with the postage service is unbelievable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭jamesd

Belfast is a long drive for some people in this country.

Cyrus wrote: »
    would be great if apple had any ability to provide ups with the correct address, the hassle i have had with the postage service is unbelievable

That a UPS issue, apple confirm the address with the customer and then pass that on to UPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 rraido

What do I do now????
    I've had to ring Apple on numerous occasions with problems on different devices. Anytime I got put through to a supervisor I always ask for their direct telephone number at the start of the conversation and they always give it. I then deal with them directly after that until any problems resolved. Keep at it until you get it sorted.

Name other manufacturers that deal directly with a consumer and don't send them back to the retailer they purchased the device from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

I worked in Apple for a long time.

In order to speak to a supervisor, you either have to be rude to the point where the agent can't deal with you, or you request one.

In 99% of cases, your passed to a senior technical adviser to resolve the issue if the first agent can't resolve it for you.

The senior department are the supervisors who take these calls.

Based on the OP's description, I don't think this is all one sided towards Apple being at fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

That a UPS issue, apple confirm the address with the customer and then pass that on to UPS.

im not convinced UPS is at fault and the driver said to me half the addresses from apple are incomplete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

guil wrote: »
    That's a nice story but by the end of it you forgot what you said at the start.
    This is the second time I have had this problem with a 5C.

Maybe his first 5c was out of warranty or second hand.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Cyrus wrote: »
    im not convinced UPS is at fault and the driver said to me half the addresses from apple are incomplete

There used to be a problem with the transfer of information between Apple and some courier systems, but that was long ago and shouldn't be still occurring now. TNT in particular could only get 75% of some Irish addresses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 gettafeck

Thanks for all the comments but I would just like to clarify a few things.
    Yes, the first 5c was out of warranty by one month so was told by Apple that they could not fix the problem and it was not their problem. Fair enough. But a second phone one month old? Not accepting that.
    I live in Welford so a 4 hour plus trip to Belfast was not an option. AND despite any political views it is part of the UK so yes it is another country.
    The attitude of the Apple staff was appalling. There's no other way to say this,
    So I will try Three and see if I can get any joy out of them. And if the phone is replaced it is going straight on to adverts.ie! I don't ever want to have to deal with these gob****es again.

Thanks for all the comments but I would just like to clarify a few things.
    Yes, the first 5c was out of warranty by one month so was told by Apple that they could not fix the problem and it was not their problem. Fair enough. But a second phone one month old? Not accepting that.
    I live in Welford so a 4 hour plus trip to Belfast was not an option. AND despite any political views it is part of the UK so yes it is another country.
    The attitude of the Apple staff was appalling. There's no other way to say this,
    So I will try Three and see if I can get any joy out of them. And if the phone is replaced it is going straight on to adverts.ie! I don't ever want to have to deal with these gob****es again.

There's a lot of info you are leaving out. What reason did Apple give for not fixing your second phone? Why was the repair cancelled? Why did you have to speak to a senior advisor? Why didn't you go to 3 straight away? What do you mean Apple unlocked your phone? Apple don't unlock iPhones, they sell them unlocked but don't unlock them.

I didn't actually as it is not in my nature unless people dont do the job they are paid to do. If you took the time to read my complete post I gave the reason that Apple emailed to me. That was the full content. Nothing more.
    Unquote
    You are very defensive about Apple. I am guessing there is a connection as I do not sense any impartiality.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

I didn't actually as it is not in my nature unless people dont do the job they are paid to do. If you took the time to read my complete post I gave the reason that Apple emailed to me. That was the full content. Nothing more.
    Unquote
    You are very defensive about Apple. I am guessing there is a connection as I do not sense any impartiality.
    Yes I found Apple support very hard to deal with, very good when you're on the phone to them but delivered very little, not sure their worth the premium you pay after dealing with their support, would still possibly buy an apple computer but the phones, apple TV etc. I'd go for other just as good but miles cheaper options...

Unquote

So you basically lied about something in a previous repair, cheers that clears things up.

My thoughts exactely. Have a Samsung now. Better software, better battery and not tied to apples outdated policies.
    Anyway that was the last apple product in this house. Thanks for your input.

So you basically lied about something in a previous repair, cheers that clears things up.

Tut tut. Again, you didn't (OR CANT) read the post. As I said I have never returned anything to Apple so more inaccuracies from them (and you) so if you want to comment , and to avoid waasting my time, then please read the entire post. But seriously, your comments are of no help so I won't be reading any more from you..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Your story doesn't make a lot of sense.
    You bought a 5c from Three yet Apple unlocked it by sending you a code on email? That isn't the way unlocking works, Three will request an unlock after €130 is paid in PAYG credit, or if the contract is paid up in full. Three don't sell unlocked iPhones. There is no code sent, you normally sync with iTunes, or you may just need to put in a new SIM card, or Three may text you to tell you it is ready to unlock.
    Why you didn't follow up with Three with the phone is a mystery, your contract is with them, not Apple.
    It looks like there is a problem with the proof of purchase, which again, you may need to sort out with Three.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Your story doesn't make a lot of sense.
    You bought a 5c from Three yet Apple unlocked it by sending you a code on email? That isn't the way unlocking works, Three will request an unlock after €130 is paid in PAYG credit, or if the contract is paid up in full. Three don't sell unlocked iPhones. There is no code sent, you normally sync with iTunes, or you may just need to put in a new SIM card, or Three may text you to tell you it is ready to unlock.
    Why you didn't follow up with Three with the phone is a mystery, your contract is with them, not Apple.
    It looks like there is a problem with the proof of purchase, which again, you may need to sort out with Three.

Hi I am not on PAYG. I am on bill pay and was due an upgrade so I got the 5c. As I am with three for years. I requested an unlock code which they sent to me. The phone was bought direct from three and unlocked. The issue I have is that the battery is fully depleting within two hours. Three said that I should deal with apple directly but due to the inadequate service I will return it to three. Thanks for the suggestions.

• Advertisement

Hi I am not on PAYG. I am on bill pay and was due an upgrade so I got the 5c. As I am with three for years. I requested an unlock code which they sent to me. The phone was bought direct from three and unlocked. The issue I have is that the battery is fully depleting within two hours. Three said that I should deal with apple directly but due to the inadequate service I will return it to three. Thanks for the suggestions.
    Fair play to you cos three won't unlock any iPhone until the contract is paid if you are on bill pay.

It even says so in their help section.
    http://ask3.three.ie/srvs/cgi-bin/webisapi.dll/,/?new,kb=ROIWebportal,ts=ROIWeb,t=CaseDoc.tem,case=obj(6242),varset_username=ROIWeb:ROIWebUser

Advertisement