Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air to Water heat pump

Options
  • 29-12-2015 2:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 144 ✭✭

Lads,

Anybody know how much an air to water heat pump system is for a new build? and are they expensive to run in the long term?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Doorcase

Cheapest quote i got recently is 16000 for a 2733 sq foot house. 9 kw pump. Not easy deciding what to do. planning to build next year

Sry that includes underfloor down and up stairs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 144 ✭✭THE DON FANUCCI

Jesus that's a lot. I was thinking 5k for the air to water kit. I'm going with Rads then after that.

Yeah so would i but with part L what will heat rads. Would love to put in oil and back boiler on stove but architect says need renewable energy!!

2,300 Sq ft Hse. Air to Water heat pump will heat the rads. The underfloor is making it all very expensive. I'm going with Rads running off the air to water. Back Boiler aswell off my stove. and Oil as back-up. No need for solar. Insulate the bejaysus out of it then.

• Advertisement

Do you know what brand of heat pump you are installing yet...They seem to be all against putting in back boiler with one. I would love to install back boiler as i live in country and would have turf to burn year round for heat

I'm Def putting in a back boiler. Loads of available timber locally. No I'm looking for a good brand aswell if anybody knows of one? Plumber tells me airtowater is a fine job. No need for solar with it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

I'm Def putting in a back boiler. Loads of available timber locally. No I'm looking for a good brand aswell if anybody knows of one? Plumber tells me airtowater is a fine job. No need for solar with it.

Have you done a provisonal BER yet ????

Got my deap and xml file for heat requirements. People seem to think that it is not very good from what I'm hearing for knowing what you need...any advise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

Doorcase wrote: »
    Yeah so would i but with part L what will heat rads. Would love to put in oil and back boiler on stove but architect says need renewable energy!!

I use oil boilers and wood only stoves combined with solar renewable to meet the refs quite often. This is definitely possible although only advisable in some cases.

I never use back-boilers though so I don't know how this will affect your rating. Just ask your professional to do the DEAP assessment with exactly what you want. The when it fails talk through the various options that can be included/removed to make it pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭893bet

2,300 Sq ft Hse. Air to Water heat pump will heat the rads. The underfloor is making it all very expensive. I'm going with Rads running off the air to water. Back Boiler aswell off my stove. and Oil as back-up. No need for solar. Insulate the bejaysus out of it then.

An oil boiler as back up? I can't see any sense in that?

Why not get your provisional BER done and assess your options and forget you "plumber said its a great job" info?

Advertisement