Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice - buying first pair of headphones

• 29-12-2015 2:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭

I'm looking for over ear headphones (I've been told the sound leakage isn't as bad) and a friend recommended I check out sennheiser momentum or urbanite versions. Are there other ones I should check out? I'd hopefully like to keep the cost to around €150.

Also, how big a deal is getting the iOS/android versions? I use ipods and an android phone, would there be a compatibility issue there? Also I imagine it'd be ok with a laptop too?

Not sure where the best place to pick them up is either, may end up going with amazon because they seem to be cheaper than the ones in hmv and arnotts at the minute (also couldn't see any over ear wired ones in hmv).

Thanks for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,746 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Regarding iOS vs Android plugs:

F90NDJEI6DYWDQU.LARGE.jpg

If you don't mind on-ear designs, check out the wireless Jabra Move and Jabra Revo.

I have the Revo and sound leakage is not an issue since they're closed-cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Cnamh_Apart

I'd second the recommend for Jabra Revo Wireless. They are stunningly comfortable - which IMHO is one of the most important qualities of a set of over-ear headphones (was gonna say 'cans', but in truth I'm not that much of an audio geek... ).

Sound quality seems very solid, and battery life is phenomenal. If you can stretch for a pair of these - you will not be disappointed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,139 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'd second the recommend for Jabra Revo Wireless. They are stunningly comfortable - which IMHO is one of the most important qualities of a set of over-ear headphones (was gonna say 'cans', but in truth I'm not that much of an audio geek... ).

Sound quality seems very solid, and battery life is phenomenal. If you can stretch for a pair of these - you will not be disappointed...

Are they really normally £200?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jabra-Revo-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B00B59R3OG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451576520&sr=8-1&keywords=Jabra+Revo+Wireless

If so, thats a good deal at Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Cnamh_Apart

NIMAN wrote: »
    Are they really normally £200?

If so, thats a good deal at Amazon.

No you're right on both counts, not normally £200, and that is a pretty winning price.

Mind you my knowledge of the market is based on about one year ago - so the price maybe reflects their age. There could be better options out there now about which I'm unaware...

Advertisement