Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSU Fill In

Options
  • 29-12-2015 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hey guys n gals,

So I've been fortunate enough since I built my computer some odd 3-4 years ago, however I've noted the sound of electricity coming from my power supply so I disconnected it from the parts of my pc and plugged it in to an old motherboard just to be safe, and *Jolt, fizzle, stop* is has died (And killed that motherboard in the process, but hey, that's why it was a throwaway)

Just looking for a good filler for the following build, but I will be upgrading my entire build later in the year mainly for gaming with the odd bit of streaming & video editing.

I would upgrade now, but I just bought a car.....so yeah that can't happen just yet.

I realise my old PSU (Which you can see) is overkill, but I had plans to do a lot more than I actually did with this machine haha.

1tb WD blue drive
    256gb samsung ssd
    8gb corsair vengeance CL8 RAM
    Asus p8z77 Motherboard
    Xigmatek Gaia Heatsink
    i5 3570k cpu
    2gb oc gigabyte 670

imgur. com/3pAGSe8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

A 750W PSU IMO offers the best value for money, as most are hitting the €100 mark, like the XFX TS series. They should also offer good support for Dual-GPU set-ups, but if that's not your thing, a 600W PSU would do nicely. (I say 600W because most PSUs crank up their fans when above 70% load, so 500W models are usually loud)

Advertisement