Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

naughty pics on phone

• 29-12-2015 5:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I let my boyfriend take pics of me for a laugh and then watched him delete them from his phone. That was a few months ago and forgot all about them until someone mentioned that pics on iphones aren't deleted straight away. They are just moved to another folder called recently deleted and will be deleted permanently after 1 month or you can recover them before the month is up. I want to ask him what he did with the photos after I thought they were permanently deleted but it will seem as if I don't trust him now. He told me he saved all the normal photos onto his laptop so how do I know if he went into the recently deleted folder and saved those ones too? Things are going really well with us at the moment but I'm worried now if we broke up and he has kept those photos. I do trust him now but who knows what might happen in the future.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Hmmm. I don't mean to make you feel bad here but why let him take pictures of you in the first place if you didn't want him to keep them? Anyway, he's your partner so you should be able to decide for yourself whether you trust him or not. If he told you he deleted them and then it turns out he actually hasn't then that's not really fair and you'd need to decide what you want to do there. If you think he's the type of person who could potentially show them to people after you broke up then he doesn't sound like much of a catch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

You just trust that he deleted them as he said, the same way he trusts you aren't sleeping with people behind his back or stealing from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Just say to him. He probably doesn't know about that very technical issue. He won't bat an eyelid at the idea you want to be in control of pictures of your naked body, he'd expect that in fact.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Even if he deleted them off his phone, the photos could have auto-uploaded to his cloud storage. And if you asked him to delete them from there, there's no guarantee he saved them out somewhere else in the meantime.

Basically, you'll just have to trust him. And maybe think twice before doing the same thing again if it's an issue.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Just say to him. He probably doesn't know about that very technical issue. He won't bat an eyelid at the idea you want to be in control of pictures of your naked body, he'd expect that in fact.

This exactly. Just ask "Do you know when you deleted those photos? I heard/read recently that they don't get permanently deleted from iphones, but simply just moved to a "deleted files" folder. Do you mind deleting those too if you can find them?".

I can't see any issue in asking them that way, particularly if things are going swimmingly between the two of you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

Don't want to alarm you but how do you know the photos might not have been streamed online from when they entered his phone? Apart from him just deleting them they could exist somewhere in cyber space?

I think its a lesson to learn for future? You will never know 100% if they are completely destroyed or not. I recently "deleted" all of my holiday photos. They had disappeared from my lcompletely - not in a trash can or anything or so I thought. Since I really wanted to recover my photos I went online to find out if it was possible to ever recover them - to my surprise they were still stored in the chips memory and I followed the online instructions to recover them.

Sadly even if your boyfriend is telling the truth that he deleted them - in theory they potentially are still stored in his phone or laptop. On the upside I doubt anyone will actually want to recover them.

Advertisement