Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

media card question

Options
  • 29-12-2015 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭

i have a pc which has windows7 64bit sp1, intel zeon cpu e5345, 4.00 gig ram amd firepro 2270 ati fire gl, i am thinking of upgrading the grapix card, is this a good idea or is it best let sleeping dogs lie, i am on the web perhaps 12-14 hours daily

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

What do you use it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

kodi, web browsing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭Nollog

You're probably fine.

Are you finding the videos stop and start or break up or anything?
    Could be your internet even then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

thanks op, my internet connection stinks, i am promised a fix at the end of next week, otherwise i believe that i am entitled to end my contract, i was promised 5.0 download, i am getting on average a little under 1.0

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

Wait for that internet fix, because the card is not bad for your workload. Obviously, if you replace it with a new version for more performance, then go for it.
    But only if you feel it's needed due to poor performance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement