Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies Comfy Wellies

Options
  • 29-12-2015 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I am looking for a pair of comfy wellies. More for walking the dog than gardening. I need them for walking on the road as well as through fields, I normally wear runners for walking and so need something with good support. I have small feet and short fat legs...yep, Im not making this easy for you. Or do you have any other suggestions for walking through 6inch deep puddles and boggy soggy fields, I am tired of getting wet, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Have a look at riggers boots, they generally are more comfortable and have more support than wellies.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Thanks, will do

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Dawney

Aigle parcours are a great wellie for walking if you're willing to spend extra. They're made for proper walking rather than just occasional wear through fields and give good foot support :)
    They are expensive but worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Have a look at the decathlon website, they have a great selection of wellies, you could go for either short ones which are easy or longer ones which generally cost more but offer greater support and more resistance to being sucked off your foot in heavy mud.
    http://www.decathlon.co.uk/C-781205-wellies

I've a pair of Aigle Paracours Outlast. I have them 2 years now. Daily walks on the beach, road, forests etc and they still look new.

They are probably the most comfortable footwear I own. Keep feet nice and toasty but never too hot. Amazing wellies.

My wife got a pair of Hunter Balmoral wellies around the same time. Granted she uses them everyday mucking out stables but they are in bits and began leaking a few weeks ago. She also says that they were never very comfortable anyway.

Part if her Christmas present was a pair of Le Chameau Vierzonord. She has worn them the last few days walking the dogs on the beach and she LOVES them. Reckons they are far superior than Hunters she has now binned. She cant believe the comfort.
    I got them here http://www.sportsden.ie/clothing/le-chameau/le-chameau-vierzonord.html and I've no affiliation with the shop but I doubt you will get a better price..I searched!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

TheTorment wrote: »

My wife got a pair of Hunter Balmoral wellies around the same time. Granted she uses them everyday mucking out stables but they are in bits and began leaking a few weeks ago. She also says that they were never very comfortable anyway.
    Hunter are not made in the UK anymore, they are produced in China and are rapidly getting a reputation for poor quality.
    They used to be good but the modern version is complete rubbish.

Thanks all, I tried on a pair of Hunters (not sure which ones) but they were too long for my legs and cut behind my knees..and weren't particularly walking friendly. Will have a look at the other options, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭fox0512

Have u tried wellies.ie ... I always use the Muckboot and i live in them.....Super comfy

Edit :) like really comfy!!

Thanks all, I went to the local equestrian shop and tried on a few different things including a €200 leather pair of long Dublin boots but ended up with a €60 pair of Derri Boots wellies. Neoprene lined and very comfy to wear, she said they are her most popular boot and described them as a "working" boot. Been for a 4k walk (with a husky and a 6 week old baby in a buggy), didn't go through fields but had deep puddles. So far so good, they did the job.

Advertisement