Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

payment gateway

Options
  • 29-12-2015 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

hi everyone
    we are thinking to start an on-line business so just wondering how to get pavement gateway and their requirement

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,571 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

lovehathi wrote: »
    hi everyone
    we are thinking to start an on-line business so just wondering how to get pavement gateway and their requirement

thanks

I use paypal and stripe on my store. Easy to integrate into Opencart/Wordpress.

Easy to join, just go on their website and open your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lovehathi

Thanks Brian, Do they require lots of document to verify and also do u need to be company registered

thanks

lovehathi wrote: »
    Thanks Brian, Do they require lots of document to verify and also do u need to be company registered

thanks

Nope..
    Regular bank account, credit/debit card.

Couldn't be easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I use the same combo and works a treat. Now Stripe have dropped their rates might work out cheaper just to go with them. In terms of verification all you need is a computer with a camera as it takes a picture of your passport to verify the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lovehathi

thanks jimmii and Brian i filled form there, looks like they are looking for website address, do we have to give now as iam in process of getting made one.
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Note that with Stripe you'll need an SSL certificate on your website as well in order to securely receive card details. This will cost around €150/year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Cianos wrote: »
    Note that with Stripe you'll need an SSL certificate on your website as well in order to securely receive card details. This will cost around €150/year.

You can get ssl certs for less than a tenner. Can't advertise specific suppliers as per the rules but google will get you there.

Cianos wrote: »

I don't think that's right.
    Must double check that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

_Brian wrote: »
    I don't think that's right.
    Must double check that.

I think it used to be the case that you didn't need SSL if you were using the Stripe hosted payment form. I don't think that option is available now.
    Do I need to use SSL/TLS on my payment pages?

Yes, for a couple of reasons:
    • It's more secure. In particular, it significantly reduces your risk of being exposed to a man-in-the-middle attack.
    • Users correctly feel more comfortable sharing their payment information on pages visibly served over HTTPS. Your conversion rate is likely to be higher if your pages are served over SSL/TLS, too.

Source https://stripe.com/help/ssl

SSL certs are so cheap now I can't think of many valid reasons not to have one.

Advertisement