Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mincer

Options
  • 29-12-2015 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

lads looking for a mincer to mince tripe,meat and vegtables hoping someone might have a bit of advice on what ones to get!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭transit260

keep checking greyhound-data.com...theres a few on there every now and again

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Heavy handed

There's a crowd in cork called nisbets. They've a large online page with next day delivery. They've everything and anything to do with catering and food preparation.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 hairy man

cheers lads will check them out

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Nisbets are pretty much set up for commercial catering. I've bought stuff off them before and it's grand, but it might be overkill unless you're doing a *lot* of mincing.

If you have a kenwood chef or some similar stand mixer, you can get a mincer as an attachment. That's what I use myself and it's grand - for a household, you're never going to need more than it can handle. If you don't have one of those, you can always get a hand-grinder off ebay quite cheaply - first result on ebay.ie for "hand mincer" today is this one which would do for anything you'd need in a household. I'd skip the chinese stuff on ebay though, that can often be perfectly fine, but the times when it's not are a pain in the ass.

Also, I wouldn't grind more than a pound of meat ever unless it was immediately going in the freezer; ground meat just doesn't last even in the fridge. And if you're making stuff like hamburgers, grinding fresh that day tastes best.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Im pretty sure there is a mincer in the for sale section here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Sparks wrote: »
    Nisbets are pretty much set up for commercial catering. I've bought stuff off them before and it's grand, but it might be overkill unless you're doing a *lot* of mincing.

If you have a kenwood chef or some similar stand mixer, you can get a mincer as an attachment. That's what I use myself and it's grand - for a household, you're never going to need more than it can handle.

I have one of those attachments,
    Big trouble at home when I burned out the motor on the ken wood chef,……. big trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

What in the name of small furry animals did you feed into it to burn out the motor on a Kenwood Chef? My mothers' one lasted for thirty years, mine hasn't even strained itself after seven, and the only person I know who's worn one out took six years to do it while using it commercially!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Sparks wrote: »
    What in the name of small furry animals did you feed into it to burn out the motor on a Kenwood Chef? My mothers' one lasted for thirty years, mine hasn't even strained itself after seven, and the only person I know who's worn one out took six years to do it while using it commercially!

I don't think they make them like they used to,:)

well goz83 had a look at that mincer its a hand one are they any good?

thanks sparks for that info,was looking at the hand mincer for sale on boards that goz83 was talking about just messaged him hopefully he still has it!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement