Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

customs charges

Options
  • 29-12-2015 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭

I have found electronic items online that I would like to import and sell on.
    I am buying 20 items for roughly 700 euro.I was just wondering would anybody on this forum no how much customs would I pay on that? I was told I would get the customs bill from the postal company.
    thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

On my mobile so it's tricky to post the link just Google revenue import duty calculator and stick the details in there and will tell you how much it's going to be. How and when you pay varies depending on the company who delivers it to you if it's FedEx then it's nice and easy and no rush if it's An Post then good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭con___manx1

jimmii wrote: »
    On my mobile so it's tricky to post the link just Google revenue import duty calculator and stick the details in there and will tell you how much it's going to be. How and when you pay varies depending on the company who delivers it to you if it's FedEx then it's nice and easy and no rush if it's An Post then good luck!
    They are sending it with fed ex. Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Postage is also included when calculating the charge btw, not just price paid for the product.

Happy Days then you'll likely receive your order and then get an invoice for it separately so there's nothing you will need to do but wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭con___manx1

wonski wrote: »
    Postage is also included when calculating the charge btw, not just price paid for the product.

The postage was free it was included in the price for my items i would imagine.the duty rate is 23% on my items. I will still make a few bob but I was not expecting it too be that high. Damm this government
    ; )

• Advertisement

Duty is normally lower sure that isn't the VAT? FedEx will throw in a €10 admin fee as well just so you know.

Advertisement