Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning jacket no receipt

Options
  • 29-12-2015 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭

Hi I got a gift of a jacket from Diesel for xmas. It was bought a week ago and I have worn it a few times since xmas. It's a really nice jacket and cost €80 however one of the snap buttons broke off today which is very disappointing. Being a brand name I didn't think this would happen.....maybe on a cheap Chinese copy or something like that. Any ways the receipt is long gone since I had no problem with size or anything when I got it. Can it still be returned. It was paid for by credit card

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,822 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes with credit card there will be a record, have a look at your statement and tell them the day you bought it from them, if they need additional proof bring the statement in.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,036 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Just to inform you that the company operating stores as Diesel in Ireland are, in fact, <SNIP>. They have absolutely nothing to do with the Italian firm other than a slightly fractious litigation history. They legitimately own the trademark here, and that's it.

They have decent enough customer service though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Never knew that! Always thought Diesel made the tackiest clothes I've ever seen. Now I know why!

Interesting history and a total <SNIP>!

Shouldn't be a problem, OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

A credit card statement will suffice as proof of purchase. Good luck.

• Site Banned Posts: 66 ✭✭bloominballix

Diesel (the proper one) do have their own stores here too. So first port of call for the OP is to find out where the jacket was bought. Going by the price paid it probably was the Irish version, but you never know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

I bought it in an actual diesel shop. I'm confused do Diesel just make jeans and the rest is cheap stuff?

Any ways they gave me store credit for my jacket. I actually got the same one again but it was on sale so have an extra €30 to play with so happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,036 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I bought it in an actual diesel shop. I'm confused do Diesel just make jeans and the rest is cheap stuff?

Any ways they gave me store credit for my jacket. I actually got the same one again but it was on sale so have an extra €30 to play with so happy enough.

There are two completely different firms trading as diesel. The main one here is an Irish clothing importer called Montex and the other is an Italian designer clothing firm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

L1011 wrote: »
    There are two completely different firms trading as diesel. The main one here is an Irish clothing importer called Montex and the other is an Italian designer clothing firm

How do we tell them apart?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

How do we tell them apart?

Price would be an obvious one I'd imagine! The "real" Diesel have a section in BT where jeans and shirts sell for upwards of €100, jackets closer to €200! The other Diesel a pair if jeans would be half the price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

There is also the Italian flag colours are sown beside the size label on the jeans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Diesel international company:
    http://store.diesel.com/ie

Diesel Irish company:
    http://www.diesel.ie/

Price is defo a giveaway.

Advertisement