Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strong cameras around the Galway City shoreline?

Options
  • 29-12-2015 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

I believe that this is something that the city should prioritize. I feel it would be of major benefit in missing person searches.

In having cameras covering all the city coastline it would rule out the most likely travel paths with regard to the sea for a person last seen on foot going missing in the city environs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 tigergirl

I was thinking about this the other day.

In a city where missing persons seems to be almost common, an unfortunate thing to say, I don't see why we don't have more CCTV. Is it the money? Time? Afraid they'll be knocked off? Or do people just not want to be watched all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

There's already an enormous number of cameras around the city - you should assume you're being watched around most buildings.

I don't know why we don't have them on the river and coast - possibly because no one's stumped up the cost, possibly for technical reasons (not sure how much they'd pick up at night).

Advertisement