Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Year, New You!

• 29-12-2015 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Sun King

It's almost that time of year. Davina McCall fitness DVDs line the walls in Tesco and you're thinking about your resolution.

You will fail, as we all do, but what are you committing yourself to this year?

I'm going to try read a book a week and lose a bit of the belly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Do more for my family-I feel like I'm failing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

A BAFTA award

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

It certainly will be new me in new year if I keep on eating like that. A five kg heavier me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Nothing. I'm on a continuous life journey. If I need to change or improve something, I don't need to wait for the date to change to do so.

This year I managed to succeed with my New Year's resolution. Next year.. I'm taking it off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Getting beach body ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Gonna try and be the first contestant on Winning Streak with no family members or friends in the audience and when asked why to say it's because I hate humanity and do my best to avoid having any contact with other humans, also requesting to only be communicated with by use of nods and winks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Corpus Twisty

It'll be same old same old me. I stopped aspiring to change stuff back in 2001. I thought it was undignified. I don't have the "big muscles" type of body, I'm not plump, so why lose weight, and if I wanted to quit some vice or other, that'd make me a quitter - and no one likes a quitter. My new years resolution is to be me. As I am. That could be challenge enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

nu yr nu u xxxxx hope mi wallet is fat and mi body is tin not d othr way round lyk lst yr lololol :D:D:D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

My new year resolution

1024 × 768

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Azalea wrote: »
    nu yr nu u xxxxx hope mi wallet is fat and mi body is tin not d othr way round lyk lst yr lololol :D:D:D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <3

U luk fab hun xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

Ruu wrote: »
    U luk fab hun xxx
    tnx bbz ah yeh i tink i luk fab 2 fuq da h8rz lol xxxxxxxxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Azalea wrote: »

Ah, luv, u ok, hon? xx

Ur luvli as u are!!

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

gamble more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Championship Vinyl

XR3i wrote: »
    gamble more

Win more.

XR3i wrote: »
    gamble more

...and better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Hoping to drink a bit more, do less exercise and put on some weight. Let's go 2016!

Agricola wrote: »
    Hoping to drink a bit more, do less exercise and put on some weight. Let's go 2016!

Worthy aims. Go for it - don't let the haters hold you back.

Actually I'm going to considerably cut down on some meat. Perhaps go so far as to just eat fish now and then and lots of fruit, vegetables and nuts and eggs.

For ethical and health reasons (please don't give me this line about how good meat is for me - it's not, FOR ME). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TLOA72

Lead my isis brethren to victory.......in Leitrim.

• Advertisement

TLOA72 wrote: »
    Lead my isis brethren to victory.......in Leitrim.

Good luck with that. I'd say even ISIS would struggle to conquer them hardy feckers, but you go for it. Just as a tip - I doubt mass shootings or mass bombings will work - no crowds. Try sneaking around picking them off one by one, but watch out for the mad sheepdogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Elessar

My new years resolution is to kiss president higgins on the head. I bet he tastes like peanuts!

Actually I'm going to considerably cut down on some meat. Perhaps go so far as to just eat fish now and then and lots of fruit, vegetables and nuts and eggs.

For ethical and health reasons (please don't give me this line about how good meat is for me - it's not, FOR ME). :)

Become full-vegan, or you're just messing. Only eat nuts. Waay better bragging rights.

Become full-vegan, or you're just messing. Only eat nuts. Waay better bragging rights.

That's not a bad idea. I'll get lots of hippy, vegan ass. I'll end up in hospital, sure, but it could be worth it

That's not a bad idea. I'll get lots of hippy, vegan ass. I'll end up in hospital, sure, but it could be worth it

Post back early january how you're doing - You probably won't have the energy to type by Feb, but it will be awesome. Honest. Nuts are the way to go. Nuts are good. And Pulses - don't forget the nourishing pulses. Everyone loves a pulse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 820 ✭✭✭BunkMoreland

My new year resolution
    1024 × 768

1024 x 768? Look out for Y2K, I hear it's going to be a big problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Sun King

And don't forget to continually mention it. Otherwise, what's the point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Read a book a week is one of mine too. Get laid more too sure, why not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    Read a book a week is one of mine too. Get laid more too sure, why not?

Why not challenge yourself and do both at the same time?

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »
    Why not challenge yourself and do both at the same time?

Reading a lot of books and getting laid are usually mutually incompatible. Now if he'd said "learn to play the guitar", it'd be a runner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

My new year's resolution is to not keep any new year's resolutions I make.

Will I succeed? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Go out a lot more
    Though also playing with the idea of giving up alcohol altogether (doubtful) and

cut down on amount of meat I eat...though not full on vegetarian (can't commit to it-I like pizzas too much)

And to ask for a payrise in work....failing that would they keep the job for me if I went travelling for a year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Well, about a month from now I'll definitely be in one of the following places for six months to a year:
    San Francisco
    Phnom Penh
    Sarajevo

So the main thing I'll be committing to is staying away from the home place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

I'm thinking of swapping the drink for becoming an evangelical person of religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭thattequilagirl

Last summer shortly after my birthday (27), I wrote a blog post '30 things to do before I'm 30'. It was a good mix of aspirational stuff, practical skills and fun. Rather than commit to a new resolution, I'm going to take a read of it, see what can be crossed off already, and what I can work on achieving in the near future.

• Advertisement

Get a six-pack, run a marathon, get a salary raise, learn a foreign language fluently, learn a musical instrument proficiently, read fifty new books, watch fifty new movies, make fifty new friends and always give it 110%. :cool:

And that should just about be enough for Week 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭thattequilagirl

Get a six-pack, run a marathon, get a salary raise, learn a foreign language fluently, learn a musical instrument proficiently, read fifty new books, watch fifty new movies, make fifty new friends and always give it 110%. :cool:

And that should just about be enough for Week 1.

Love it, always aim high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

A BAFTA award

Not a hope for you buddy. You were sh!t in Con Air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Ruu wrote: »
    U luk fab hun xxx

Lyk if you cried? Xxo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm still going to be the emotional hurricane I've been the last 27 years. Kind, loyal, unstable, fiesty, hot tempered, decent friend I've always been. And my friends can still be my friends and bask in how great it is to know me and whoever thinks I need to improve myself can rev up and fucck off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

I'd quite like a relationship, because ejaculating into a closed fist is getting boring. I'd also quite like to expand my professional horizons in the form of picking up some new contracts. Oh, and driving. I need to learn how to drive. All three are attainable goals I feel.

Hammer89 wrote: »
    I'd quite like a relationship, because ejaculating into a closed fist is getting boring.

Maybe you're just doing it wrong.

Is white stuff supposed to come out when you're finished? If so, I'm definitely doing it right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Hammer89 wrote: »
    Is white stuff supposed to come out when you're finished? If so, I'm definitely doing it right.

Taste it??

That must be a Waterford custom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

I never do the whole New Years resolution thing. Maybe something like stop biting my nails or whatever, but never anything of the "New year, new me" vibe. Mainly cos I'm lazy but also because I've other $hite to be dealing with.

But I'm 30 in Feb and will be happy to see the back of my 20s, so I would like to do a few things in 2016 like run a 5k and maybe a 10k. Achievable so long as I cop on and eat/train well.

Oh and stop biting my nails!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Not a hope for you buddy. You were sh!t in Con Air.

Dunno about that. Something has to go between my golden globe and my oscar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

New Years resolutions are pointless. I'm a cúnt this year and I'm going to be a cúnt next year too!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Planning on getting addicted to something for 2016, just havnt decided what yet.

Then for 2017 I'll have something to give up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I'm going to try read a book a week and lose a bit of the belly.

I don't think reading will do much for weight loss.

• Advertisement
Advertisement