Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Year, New You!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Sun King

gramar wrote: »
    I don't think reading will do much for weight loss.

Then explain diet books. You read them and lose weight. Right???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Then explain diet books. You read them and lose weight. Right???

Yeah...turning those big heavy pages burns the fat right off!

Bigger quads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

bluewolf wrote: »
    Bigger quads

Why???

Why???

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Get out more.
    Save as much as I reasonably can.
    Work on my PPL(h).
    Finish up one particular project.
    Return phone calls more promptly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I've had the same resolutions for the past 5 years or so:

Give up smoking.
    Cut back on the drink.
    Get fit.

Why change my resolutions? I think I lasted a whole week last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Decided I need to lose 2st and cut back on the soft drinks and alcohol.

So since Christmas I've been binging on Fanta and Kinnegar as a last hurrah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Give up tobacco :eek: :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Why???

Because there bigger. I'm planning on stayin the same mostly.I do have a lot of expensive cameras/camera paraphernalia that I've never used,so I might be a keen photographer this time next year,or else a camera salesman with a keen interest in quads.I won't be giving up the drink,drugs or cigarettes in '16,I'm sure my body will tell me when it's time to cut down on the above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Dunno about that. Something has to go between my golden globe and my oscar.

Wow I had to Google that. I can't believe you got an Oscar! Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Same old me again next year I imagine. I don't get the whole new year big changes thing; never did. The years just roll by and blend one on the other for me. Maybe that's why I haven't noticed so many going by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

There won't be a new me this time next year. If anything I'll be a year older.

But a year better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Well, what are they?

I've decided that 2016 is gonna be the year of Skinny Christy. No more Fat Christy throwing his weight around!!

Goal number 1: Get sexy!!!

I'm gonna take up smoking, coffee and hula hooping.

Whenever I get a case of the munchies, I'm gonna smoke fags instead. John player blue or something. No spliffs, those yokes cause the munchies! I've been reading up on it.

Coffee makes you go to the toilet, so I figured if I start going heavy on both, I'll be skinny by Saturday.

I want a six pack and not of Dutch gold!! I want those abs yo, hula hooping is the new craze!! I just got to find a hoop that will go round me.

I figure I'm gonna have a few slip ups, so I've decided if I do slip up and order take away, I'm gonna get a diet coke instead of a regular. Not the same but sacrifices have to be made.

Good plan? I know! I came up with it all by myself.

So go on, tell me what your resolutions are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Get a new job. It's starting alright, have an interview next week :)

I also need to exercise..nothing mental but am really unfit (but too thin) and my heart rate needs to come down..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I going to really be realies, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,499 ✭✭✭✭Caoimhgh1n

Get a better timetable for studying my languages and try and actually keep my resolution! Hahah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Jaysis I dunno. I might get started on the ones I made in 1998

Use "bae" more often. Skipping that second b will free up so much time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

Oddly, I'm thinking of resuming smoking. I quit almost 2 years ago and have been a misery ever since.

Maybe a few ciggies a day/some vaping might sort me out.

Use "bae" more often. Skipping that second b will free up so much time.

It means sh*te in danish.

If someone calls you their bae, knock them out ta fcuk. Don't be listening to their sh*te talk!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭caille

I have a few:
    -Start the 5:2 diet, been reading up on it and makes a lot of sense to me (for reasons of long term health, not just weight loss)
    -Start High Intensity Training to go with the diet, leading on to:
    -Lose some weight, only a half stone but I just can't shift it
    -Start on meditation
    - Mind my teeth more, 2015 was the first year I have had no fillings, no placement fillings, no major work done. I switched dentists at the end of 2014 (I have seriously weak and too much worked on teeth) and the dentist I have now promised me that he would do his very best to protect my teeth, I seriously think he has lived up to this going by this year just gone and I want to keep up this unbelievable good luck I have had with them.
    -Keep a gratitude journal (list 3 nice things a day that have happened to me) as Ive got a bit cynical and weary with people yet I know a few out there have been thinking of me and trying to help me this last year and I want to remind myself that goodness still exists
    - Be more positive generally, I have lost my mojo this year and want to get it back
    - Look at moving out of my office or if I can't do that, changing things there if possible, my work situation has had a terrible effect on me this year
    -Get a few things done in the house, not just talk about it, get them actually done
    -Do more to help my ill family member, I know I have been there for this person, just want to be there more, if possible
    -Start a few more evening classes, easy enough to do as the one I took up last year is still continuing and feeds nicely into a second one I am interested in
    - Watch my money more, it has flown out of my account the last year cos of medical expense for family member, just want to keep on top of it. As much as I hate where I am working, I appreciate the money and being able to get time off to look after said person and I don't take this for granted.

I am hopeful for a better year, I really am :-)

Well, what are they?

I've decided that 2016 is gonna be the year of Skinny Christy. No more Fat Christy throwing his weight around!!

Goal number 1: Get sexy!!!

I'm gonna take up smoking, coffee and hula hooping.

Whenever I get a case of the munchies, I'm gonna smoke fags instead. John player blue or something. No spliffs, those yokes cause the munchies! I've been reading up on it.

Coffee makes you go to the toilet, so I figured if I start going heavy on both, I'll be skinny by Saturday.

I want a six pack and not of Dutch gold!! I want those abs yo, hula hooping is the new craze!! I just got to find a hoop that will go round me.

I figure I'm gonna have a few slip ups, so I've decided if I do slip up and order take away, I'm gonna get a diet coke instead of a regular. Not the same but sacrifices have to be made.

Good plan? I know! I came up with it all by myself.

So go on, tell me what your resolutions are.

I would like to congratulate you on your entirely attainable and not at all unattainable New Years Resolutions FC.

Candie wrote: »
    I would like to congratulate you on your entirely attainable and not at all unattainable New Years Resolutions FC.

Just because you think I'm already sexy doesn't mean everyone else does!

Also thank you. Means a lot to me Candie. I know I can do it. I will master the hoop in 2016!! I will!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

My only one is to get fit again and back playing rugby.

Definitely achievable!

I will master the hoop in 2016!! I will!

Is that a euphemism? Because I'm not great with euphemisms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

I'm gonna get my fat arshe out of this chair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

Run 21k. Also get back into drawing/painting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Extending my 2015 resolution- do so at least one act of kindness each day

• Advertisement

Candie wrote: »
    Is that a euphemism? Because I'm not great with euphemisms.

It wasn't supposed to be, ya dirtbird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Thinking of putting on some more weight, probably on my stomach. I'll also try and lose some more hair, probably from the top of my head. I'll try and eat a bit more unhealthy as well.

Should be attainable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

KungPao wrote: »
    Oddly, I'm thinking of resuming smoking. I quit almost 2 years ago and have been a misery ever since.

Maybe a few ciggies a day/some vaping might sort me out.

I nearly poisoned myself to the grave with a vaper. And a hacking cough that I still have. Don't know if it was the cheap juice from china or what but never again for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

I'm going to give up coke.

I'll leave it up to you to decide which mind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I'm looking at the new year sales on TV's and most 4k native resolutions are still a bit too pricey. I'm thinking of sticking with the 1080p resolution but getting a bigger screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I'm gonna do what everyone does. Have a few drinks tonight and say I'm changing this and that and it's a new me.

Then have completely forgotten everything I said by the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭dpofloinn

New Years Resolutions are only for quitters

hit the lawyer, delete the gym, facebook up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Finish this motherfunking PhD by June at the latest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭iMac_Hunt

My new years resolution is to be a little less beautiful and a bit more delusional!

1) Make a top ten to-do list of medium term goals, and do everything on it.

2) Motivate myself to achieve everything on the list by breaking it up into attainable short term goals and setting time limits to finish each one.

3) Get distracted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭caille

Starting the 5:2 diet and High Intensity training, I have read up on both and they both makes sense to me. I have a half stone to lose but I am more concerned about long term health and now think both are the way to go for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

The years just roll by and blend one on the other for me. Maybe that's why I haven't noticed so many going by.

"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man." - John Steinback, Tortilla Flat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

To respond to OP, nothing that new here, as I've a couple of things already started that need my attention. I suppose that being more focused on them is one resolution alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

I might go outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭2forjoy

Same again will do for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Gall Stones mean I need a to lose about 2-3 stone and improve my diet big time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Fluffy Cat 88

I am not going to gain another feckin 2 stone like I did in '15.

I am not going to be anyones mug anymore. Not putting myself out for those who never do anything for me.

I am going to put myself and my needs first this year.

Bring it feckin on! Happy '16 lads xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TLOA72

TLOA72 wrote: »
    Lead my isis brethren to victory.......in Leitrim.

Done woo hoo. Now I can start my Brendan Courtney fitness for 2016 plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

be happier

i will command myself to be happier. and nicer to others.

also i've a guy wanting to go into business with me , he has amazing skills but no business or organisational skills and that's why he wants me involved.
    i've kinda being putting him off but over Christmas i had an epiphany that it was a really good thing. so i'm gonna start that on monday.
    things have been stagnant for a while so hoping this will change sh1t up

also keep hammering the weights.

• Advertisement
Advertisement