Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barbers in the City Centre - Recommendations

Options
  • 29-12-2015 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone could recommend a barbers that will be open tomorrow in the city centre please? I generally go to Hicham on Hanover Street when I'm in the area and he's always first class, but I'm unsure if they'll be open tomorrow so I'm looking for a backup option just in case.

As an aside, does anyone know what the guy who owned Doc's Barbers a few years ago (located where Chapz is now on Michael Street) is up to or if he's still operating somewhere else?

Cheers. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I see this place on facebook https://www.facebook.com/The-Bearded-Lady-368802816636866/timeline ,i havent been in there myself yet but you can have a beer and play a PS3 while you wait for the haircut!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Used to always go to urban hype for about 3 years on to my hair dresser left and opened her own place in town called Empire Hair. Its in the square. Dont to the small place let you down but Lynn the owner is fantastic at cutting mens hair. Never once cut my hair wrong in my 4 years i lived in waterford.

Also very cheap at €10.90 i felt i was rubbing her for a 30 min haircut.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

Also very cheap at €10.90 i felt i was rubbing her for a 30 min haircut.

Not many hairdressers who will put up with being rubbed for 30 minutes while they are cutting your hair :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Paully D wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone could recommend a barbers that will be open tomorrow in the city centre please? I generally go to Hicham on Hanover Street when I'm in the area and he's always first class, but I'm unsure if they'll be open tomorrow so I'm looking for a backup option just in case.

As an aside, does anyone know what the guy who owned Doc's Barbers a few years ago (located where Chapz is now on Michael Street) is up to or if he's still operating somewhere else?

Cheers. :)

Doc is running a bar in Bulgaria or wherever it is the girlfriend was from, he was in Spain before that with his partner Miley, who still has a barber shop in Cabo Roig (about an hour south of Alicante)

Sound lads

I have been to Nihat for almost a decade now and have no reason to go elsewhere, his current shop is next to Dunphys opposite the social welfare.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Stephen Street barbers up near Spokes. Don't see myself going anywhere else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Tara Barbers down on the Quay, Girls there are lovely, dead sound and they do a great cut for a decent price. I would get down there early though as they get very busy.

Gael23 wrote: »
    Stephen Street barbers up near Spokes. Don't see myself going anywhere else

That Danny Grimes?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

That Danny Grimes?

Yeah, and Siobhan Tobin.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

That Danny Grimes?

Yes, Siobhan is good too. They have a new guy recently but I don't know his name

Couple of the lads go there and speak highly of it also in that case :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

Stephen St or Val in Sweeny Todd above Foot Solutions

Advertisement