Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solid state drive Apple Imac 2009

Options
  • 29-12-2015 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

My Apple Imac late 2009 has slowed up in recent times. I absolutely love this machine. Ive upgraded the ram. I would like to upgrade by adding a solid state drive to the machine but haven't a clue how to or where to even go about doing it, wouldn't be that techy!! I don't want to get rid of the original hard drive and I was reading up that I could scrap the super dvd drive and use that area to mount the ssd drive which would allow me the ability to hold both the original hard drive and the new ssd drive, is this correct? Could some recommend the best ssd drive suitable for the Apple imac late 2009? I'd probably be best getting a computer shot to actually do it for me?? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You created a thread on the same topic yesterday in 'Apple Devices' and were advised that you'd get the best advice on the 'Mac' forum, so you created a new thread here????

Advertisement