Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crush on friend and we match on online dating

• 29-12-2015 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

So I have a probably very trivial problem but just looking on what to do
    I have a friend who I had a thing for way back in college and although we weren't completely close we are Fb friends and talked about renting a house with a few friends but it never materialised for whatever reason...interact sometimes online with him commenting on some of my pics saying I'm gorgeous etc..
    I'm chronically shy and get flustered easily so never did anything about it...
    Fast forward 5 ish years and a find myself online dating and lo and behold last night and I se that he favourited me and would like to meet me and all that online dating lingo....butterfly's and all that lol
    So do I take the plunge and message him? Yeah this is trivial I know just looking for a bit of a push in some direction I guess.

Thanks x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Definitely. Could be the best first move you've ever made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Message him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭gothic_doll

Is it Plenty Of Fish? I think that one has a button which you click saying you want to meet the person- has he sent you a message yet or just clicked the button?

Do you have the same photos on Facebook as on the dating site (e.g does he know it's you for sure?)

Basically in your message, be pretty casual and be like, hey, its Susie, and absolutely don't tell him you had a crush on him until it's going well (if it does; fingers crossed for you.)

Guys often like to have some ammo about how many girls are interested in them/fancy/crush/love them, so don't give up that information too soon until you know he is genuinely keen (after 4+dates at least)

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭m-a-i-

Yeah it was meet me and favourited my profile and pretty much all the photos that he has commented on my Fb profile are the ones I've used on my dating profile so pretty sure he knows it is me.
    No actual msg from him but from what I know of him he is as shy as I am.
    Definitely will not go guns blazing into this as I've become very independent and self guarded in the last few years
    Thanks for the advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

m-a-i- wrote: »
    So do I take the plunge and message him?

A guy you like, likes you. Get messaging, good luck, and enjoy :)

Guys often like to have some ammo about how many girls are interested in them/fancy/crush/love them, so don't give up that information too soon until you know he is genuinely keen (after 4+dates at least)

What? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭gothic_doll

A guy you like, likes you. Get messaging, good luck, and enjoy :)

What? :confused:

Ammo meaning bragging; the OP seems sensitive/shy so wouldn't want her to end up as some guys bragging story about how many girls love him (and I've heard plenty of these).

From OPs response to me I suspect all will be fine though, so nothing to worry about in this case :)

Advertisement