Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

childminding in Dublin

Options
  • 29-12-2015 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Can anyone give me a rough estimate of how much it would cost to mind a 10 month old baby from 8-3.30 5 days a week? My sister in law has offered to mind our baby and I don't want to underpay her. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

OP I've moved this into the Parenting forum because I think it's better suited here.

Moved from Dublin County North.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I'm north Kildare commuter belt and I'm paying 175 a week for 815-415. I was paying 180 a week to the previous minder

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I pay €40 per day to my minder. She is available from 07:30-18:00. I send my little girl 3 days per week. That €40 includes all of her food and I just supply her nappies.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭pennyloves

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I think it depends on the situation really. If you are sending your child to a minder who minds other children at the same time I think the current rate is about €5 per hour. A minder who come to your own house and minds only your children is usually between €10-12 per hour in Dublin. We were paying our minder €12 per hour in our own home for our 2 children who were 1 and 2.5 at the time a few months ago.

• Advertisement
Advertisement