Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black Monday - Head Coach changes 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Need a change of owners more than coaches and GMs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Tomsula fired as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

adrian522 wrote: »
    Do not be deceived. You will reap what you sow.

— Coach Harbaugh (@CoachJim4UM) January 4, 2016

is that aimed at Tomsula or the FO?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

is that aimed at Tomsula or the FO?

I'd imagine it is aimed at Tomsula, some pretty bad blood between them. Apparently they were barely on speaking terms by the end of the Harbagh era.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭tripperman

Just after reading about the committee been put to together to start the search and hiring of new coach and gm for the browns and how the new gm reports to someone, i all ready think it's doomed for them with that combination, I feel for them fans they put up with so much

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

yeah its a disaster*

God knows what the titans will do though, hopefully the President who's back from retirement :pac: makes it work

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Rumour that Titans interim coach Mike Mularkey is in with a good chance of getting the job on a permanent basis

If the titans go with Mularkey it will be awful! Like seriously there is better calliber coaches available than him - he has shown nothing different than Wisenhunt over the last few months! Dont know if chip will go to there but would be much better than mularkey!

Browns are a mess at the moment and the fact that a lawyer is promoted to choosing the new coach and then they will pick a gm - makes absolutely no sense and will set the team back years again - see manziel wants to go now so means browns will be taking the top qb in the draft!

conflicting rumours last night, Mularkey will get and wont get an interview.

For me the GM has to go, his contract up, so hopefully thanked for his service etc then shot out of a cannon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

According to schefter, Chip Kelly has reportedly shown interest in the 49ers job

could save kaps career if he does!

unless he wants take a significant paycut Kaepernick is as good as gone.

kaep in fairness will take a paycut in order to have a career - unless he is an idiot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just seeing the tweets relating to the browns. Jesus that organisation is an utter mess.

i think kelly offence could work in san fran its pretty basic route wise but at least with kap there is a chance of the qb running running a read option with bradford who was never going to run was pointless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Sean Payton is definitely worth a second round pick if that is what it's going to take to get him.

Titans GM wont be back anyway, at least thats one positive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Saban to Indy please

eagle eye wrote: »
    Sean Payton is definitely worth a second round pick if that is what it's going to take to get him.

doubt it saints are likely going to cut him anyway and he's had a lot of off the field accusations made against him i dont see a team giving up a 2nd rounder unless its a team with a very late second rounder and i dont see any of them trading for him. (browns could of coarse but who the hell knows with some of the teams)
    Bateman wrote: »
    Saban to Indy please

dream on buddy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Saban to Indy please
    Never going to happen, I think Saban wants to go down as one of the all time great college coaches and he is well on track. I can't see him ever leaving Alabama now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I see the Saban thing was talked about a couple of pages back.

I think it could be made to work. I don't think the money thing would be a showstopper, and I don't think his "legacy" would be a showstopper. Has he actually said he wants to coach Alabama til the day he dies? We know he's bitten at the NFL bug before - depending on what rumours you believe, he wanted to snap up Brees in free agency. If so, Miami might have a Super Bowl by now.

If they beat Clemson next week, rather than keep breaking records, it would surely be a good time to take an NFL job. Nobody, not even Alabama, is going to "dominate" college football (at least in terms of national championships) for an extended period of around 10 yerars.

If he doesn't take the Colts job, it'll probably be a reflection of how attractive a job it actually is rather than his own ambitions - right now it's Andrew Luck, a couple of promising receivers, and not a lot else.

I think it'll happen.

I see the Saban thing was talked about a couple of pages back.

I think it could be made to work. I don't think the money thing would be a showstopper, and I don't think his "legacy" would be a showstopper. Has he actually said he wants to coach Alabama til the day he dies? We know he's bitten at the NFL bug before - depending on what rumours you believe, he wanted to snap up Brees in free agency. If so, Miami might have a Super Bowl by now.

If they beat Clemson next week, rather than keep breaking records, it would surely be a good time to take an NFL job. Nobody, not even Alabama, is going to "dominate" college football (at least in terms of national championships) for an extended period of around 10 yerars.

If he doesn't take the Colts job, it'll probably be a reflection of how attractive a job it actually is rather than his own ambitions - right now it's Andrew Luck, a couple of promising receivers, and not a lot else.

I think it'll happen.

he has the sweetest coaching gig in football and has the chance to end his career a college coaching legend there is 0 reason for him to jeopardise that for any nfl team. plus as coach k said why would he go to the pros he gets lots of first round picks every year in college. sabans greatest strenght is recruiting kids which won't even translate to the pros

edit: and by the way alabama have had the top recruiting class pretty much every year for something like 10 years an show no signs of slowing down they absolutely do have the potential to dominate for 10 years certainly more of a chance than dominating in the nfl for 3 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Reports coming out that TC is done with the Giants but apparently not retiring, will coach on if oppurtunity presents.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Reports coming out that TC is done with the Giants but apparently not retiring, will coach on if oppurtunity presents.

Could see him in Nashville, i think i read on the titans board is daughter or something lives there

What do ye think are the most to the least attractive vacancies from a coaching perspective?

Thinking Giants is the best, Browns the worst?

What do ye think are the most to the least attractive vacancies from a coaching perspective?

yep agree, Giants have great history, Browns are a mess, i wouldnt even take them on :pac:

On Twitter pointed out that Giants are loyal to coaches, also have a good QB. Browns go through coaches at a crazy rate. More Browns HC's since 2011 that steeler HC since 1969.

Colts owner Jim irsay is holding a press conference at 9pm Irish time. I mean it's probably the most obvious press conference ever by an NFL owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Of the current vacancies, the Giants is the most attractive. But if rumours are true and the Colts & Titans fire Pagano and Mularky, there the choice spots then.

• Advertisement

I think indi is the best of you can get gm dutys build a proper team around him and I still have faith in luck

Nerd I know you're an Eagles fan like me. What do you think of Tom coughlan resigning ? I personally had huge respect for the guy and his player had huge respect for him, unlike chip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

If Grigson stays, no top coach will touch the job imo.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Nerd I know you're an Eagles fan like me. What do you think of Tom coughlan resigning ? I personally had huge respect for the guy and his player had huge respect for him, unlike chip

Should have fired him before the first Super Bowl :D honestly I have respect for him but I think he's been holding the Giants back for a bit. The thought of chip jelly joining them terrifys me he's had his practise run I think he will succeed at his next team

Should have fired him before the first Super Bowl :D honestly I have respect for him but I think he's been holding the Giants back for a bit. The thought of chip jelly joining them terrifys me he's had his practise run I think he will succeed at his next team

No thanks on Chip Kelly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

At least Tomsula will always have this :pac:

tomsula.png

Reports that Mike McCoy getting the boot Monday.

Or not as the case may be, he is being retained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

In order for me:

Giants
    Eagles
    Dolphins/Titans
    Dolphins/Titans
    49ers
    Browns (by a considerable distance)

Paully D wrote: »
    In order for me:

Giants
    Eagles
    Dolphins/Titans
    Dolphins/Titans
    49ers

Giants likely to have $50 to $60 million in cap space to play with. It's a great role to go for. A lot of good talent on O with a tiny bit of work needed on the O-Line & at WR (assuming Cruz is back). The D needs a world of work & some tough decisions to make with JPP, Prince & Ayers. Badly need LB, Safety & pass rush help. A few good young pieces in Jonathan Hankins at DT, Devon Kennard at LB & Landon Collins at S.

• Advertisement

tang1 wrote: »
    Of the current vacancies, the Giants is the most attractive. But if rumours are true and the Colts & Titans fire Pagano and Mularky, there the choice spots then.

Giants & Eagles for me are the top 2 with the fact that you know what you have in Eli meaning it is the preferred destination.

The Colts one is has the most potential I think as Luck can be special but not too sure about the rest of the panel.

With a good Ðraft & keeping Mariota healthy I think you could make a run at the AFC South next year, I don't think the Colts job is that much more attractive.

I'd take the Browns job before the 49ers. I think they are both in the **** but at least in Cleveland you are starting over with a new GM.

not that i expect it to happen, but if Whisenhunt gets a job ill be utterly amazed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭tripperman

not that i expect it to happen, but if Whisenhunt gets a job ill be utterly amazed

Linked to his old job as OC back in SD and will be welcomed back by players and fans, as his tenure was most successful for offence in SD in last few years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Colts have decided to extend Pagano and keep GM Grigson

Interesting

Very surprising was sure he was a goner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

It's a terrible move keeping them both. I'd have settled for keeping Pags if they got rid of Grigson. Things will only get inexorably worse from here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Colts are running on the fumes of a bad division for 2y plus now. Repeatedly shown up (outcoached, arguably) by good teams.

Paully D wrote: »
    In order for me:

Giants
    Eagles
    Dolphins/Titans
    Dolphins/Titans
    49ers

I'd have thought the 49ers are in a better position than the Dolphins to be honest, and much better than the Browns.

49ers have requested permission to interview Hue Jackson. I could certainly see this happening.

49ers have requested permission to interview Hue Jackson. I could certainly see this happening.

That could be a great hire

I'd take the Browns job before the 49ers. I think they are both in the **** but at least in Cleveland you are starting over with a new GM.

Why is starting over with a new GM a good thing? You have players in Cleveland refusing to go into the game, you have the star QB partying in Vegas the night before a game, you have a new head coach every single season.

The Browns have been through more head coaches since 2011 than the steelers have since 1969.

But yeah, I guess they are in a better position than San Francisco. :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement