Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assessment Test for Mature Code Applicants - Nursing/Midwifery

Options
  • 28-12-2015 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone out there has any information regarding the 'Assessment Test for Mature Code Applicants to Nursing / Midwifery' degree courses?

I have been searching for sample exam papers from previous years and have only gotten some of last years through the Nursing and Midwifery website. It doesn't have the full questions, only 20 from first part, 16 from second and 2 from 3rd. Has anyone out there sat the assessment exam this year (2015) and if so how did ye find it?

I am applying for nursing to Trinity, UCD and DCU as a mature student as well as the QQI route using my QQI Healthcare Support in which I am half way through right now. I have booked myself onto the prep course but just looking for any other information.

If anyone has any information I would be grateful if you could share.

Thanks,
    Pascal

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Moving from Entrepreneur & Business Management Forum.

Should have more luck here or mods will move to better forum if not suited.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pascaldunne

Axwell wrote: »
    Moving from Entrepreneur & Business Management Forum.

Should have more luck here or mods will move to better forum if not suited.

Thanks for that, I don't know how it went into the business thing and I didn't know how to move it.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Banaba

Hi Pascal, I completed it in 2014 and got in first round. The exam is do able if you practise a lot before hand in particular the maths element. I highly recommend the 'career services' day, I dont think I would have got in if I didnt. At €150 its not cheap BUT you get lunch on the day and workbooks with loads of practise questions and helpful hints and tips from the tutor. Also if you are on facebook searcha dn request to join the "rollercoaster nursing and midwifery" group - there are loads of mature students who are preparing, have went through and who are in nursing courses around the country and is a great help. Some also have past papers they can email to you. Any questions regarding the course etc please free to contact me

Banaba wrote: »
    Hi Pascal, I completed it in 2014 and got in first round. The exam is do able if you practise a lot before hand in particular the maths element. I highly recommend the 'career services' day, I dont think I would have got in if I didnt. At €150 its not cheap BUT you get lunch on the day and workbooks with loads of practise questions and helpful hints and tips from the tutor. Also if you are on facebook searcha dn request to join the "rollercoaster nursing and midwifery" group - there are loads of mature students who are preparing, have went through and who are in nursing courses around the country and is a great help. Some also have past papers they can email to you. Any questions regarding the course etc please free to contact me

Hi Banaba,

Thanks for that. I have requested that group and got a message from admin asking why i wanted to join etc. I replied and den i got the same message back so dunno wots going on there. What college did you get into? Iv only some of 2015's question i got from nursing board and have done dem. Think like every1 its the maths i need to speed up on, abit rusty now lol. Id love some other past papers but admin hasnt accepted my request to join that group yet

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Banaba

she will eventually she usually accepts a load of people at one time. The group is getting so big now I suppose she has to filter everyone through. The maths arent too bad its just the time that catches you really, I didnt get to finish mine that year and I know from the FB group loads others didnt either. Im in NUIG doing general, is it general you want too?

• Advertisement

Banaba wrote: »
    she will eventually she usually accepts a load of people at one time. The group is getting so big now I suppose she has to filter everyone through. The maths arent too bad its just the time that catches you really, I didnt get to finish mine that year and I know from the FB group loads others didnt either. Im in NUIG doing general, is it general you want too?

Iv applied for 5 general, 1 in NUIG, 2 general and children's and 3 mental health. I did read somewhere that not every1 gets to finish d 2nd part. I have 16 questions from 2015 2nd part. Took me 19 mins to do dem n get 14 out of d 16 right. Iv 20 of 1st part n answered dem n 7 mins n got 17. Was only 2 samples from 3rd part. Apparently ders marks for any answer on 3rd but more on what wud b ideal response to scenario. Wot did u score on assessment f u dnt mind me asking? Had u much left to answer on 2nd part wen time was up? Ur in 1st year so ye?

Advertisement