Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technician been and gone and not a word from eir!

Options
  • 30-12-2015 6:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

So the technician arrived out to our brnd new estate for a full a install on 16th December . I told the sales dept when bookng the calout that this would not be necssary as thereare no lines on the road currently despite the eirom box outside the house.

Sohe was there 2 minutes and said sorry nothing I can do as there are no lines (i expected al this) and said ok what happens now?

Basically I'm still waiting to see wht happens now. He said he waould just ick the box that said "no install occurred". He also said that it could be march before there will be any movement from ir on this.

there are 14 houses on the new road beside the exsisting estate, 13 of whch have requeted a line from Eir.

My question is how come I havent heard a thing from Eir telling me what happens now? surely you want to follow up with customers that have applied for your service.

Thank you for any info

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

doyle7 wrote: »
    So the technician arrived out to our brnd new estate for a full a install on 16th December . I told the sales dept when bookng the calout that this would not be necssary as thereare no lines on the road currently despite the eirom box outside the house.

Sohe was there 2 minutes and said sorry nothing I can do as there are no lines (i expected al this) and said ok what happens now?

Basically I'm still waiting to see wht happens now. He said he waould just ick the box that said "no install occurred". He also said that it could be march before there will be any movement from ir on this.

there are 14 houses on the new road beside the exsisting estate, 13 of whch have requeted a line from Eir.

My question is how come I havent heard a thing from Eir telling me what happens now? surely you want to follow up with customers that have applied for your service.

Thank you for any info
    Hi doyle7
    It may have been necessary to send technician out to survey this, but if you could PM me with any order number, your full postal address and contact number we will have this looked into for you. 
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭doyle7

Formal Complaint regarding customer service agent 'amy' hanging up because I asked to speak to management.

I ordered a phoneline/broadband in October 2015. Today after possibly 40 phone calls in 5 minths and three days taken off work I contacted eir sales for an update on my order.

Out of twelve houses in the estate I was one of the first to order a line. Today the KN network engineer connected the cables on the road to the main cabinet. He then told me that 2 houses on the road were being connected as we spoke. he advised that the work was complete and that I should contact Eircom to arrange an install appointment.

So after holding for 10 minutes I got 'amy' amy told me that the forecast date for the road to receive phone lines had now changed to 21st of April despite having it in writing that it was 22nd March AND the fact that 2 houses on the road were in the process of getting their line and broadband.

I asked to speak to a manager as amy was just rhyming off the speel that she is told to give. No manager wanted to speak to me. She then told me that it appeared that installs were going on a house to house basis. This clearly contradicting her earlier claim of the forecast date for work to be completed by April 22nd. Amy told me that the matter would be escalated but I had been told this last week and to expect a phone call. No phone call came. 'Amy' just wanted to get me off the line.

So again I asked for a manager as amy seemed less component now. Again management refused to speak to me. I informed amy that eir were quick to organise engineer appointments in December despite the lack of cable on the street and that a manager called 'jenna' was good enough to have an engineer at my door at 9am the next day. Amy said that this could not have been possible ( so I'm a liar now too)

After another request to speak to a manager Amy hung up on me.

This is an utter disgrace. As a customer and been put out for nearly 5 months I am disgusted with how I was dealt with on the phone. I find it outrageous that management refused to take the call. I now question how management expect staff to take their job seriously when their customer service is appalling. I feel your customer contact staff especially amy require more training perhaps you could use our recorded conversation to assist training. It was clear management was refusing to take the call and amy was being advised to Get me off the line instead of doing her utmost to assist with my issue.

I have to say that this whole experience has left a bitter taste. Moving house was stressful enough but having to wait 5 months and counting for a phone line to be installed in a new house in the Dublin area is shocking. Each time I have called customer care I seem to be told different things each time. Today’s experience however was the absolute worst so far. I have zero faith in this company as they cannot provide an answer unless it’s scripted for them.

Customer care it absolutely is not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Do you really think she tried to escalate the call to management? I'd hazard a guess that she didn't bother and just told you that they refused to take the call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

doyle7 wrote: »
    Formal Complaint regarding customer service agent 'amy' hanging up because I asked to speak to management.

I ordered a phoneline/broadband in October 2015. Today after possibly 40 phone calls in 5 minths and three days taken off work I contacted eir sales for an update on my order.

Out of twelve houses in the estate I was one of the first to order a line. Today the KN network engineer connected the cables on the road to the main cabinet. He then told me that 2 houses on the road were being connected as we spoke. he advised that the work was complete and that I should contact Eircom to arrange an install appointment.

So after holding for 10 minutes I got 'amy'  amy told me that the forecast date for the road to receive phone lines had now changed to 21st of April despite having it in writing that it was 22nd March AND  the fact that 2 houses on the road were in the process of getting their line and broadband.

I asked to speak to a manager as amy was just rhyming off the speel that she is told to give. No manager wanted to speak to me. She then told me that it appeared that installs were going on a house to house basis. This clearly contradicting her earlier claim of the forecast date for work to be completed by April 22nd. Amy told me that the matter would be escalated but I had been told this last week and to expect a phone call. No phone call came. 'Amy' just wanted to get me off the line.

So again I asked for a manager as amy seemed less component now. Again management  refused to speak to me. I informed  amy that eir were quick to organise engineer appointments in December despite the lack of cable on the street and that a manager called 'jenna' was good enough to have an engineer at my door at 9am the next day. Amy said that this could not have been possible ( so I'm a liar now too)

After another request to speak to a manager Amy hung up on me.

This is an utter disgrace. As a customer and been put out for nearly 5 months I am disgusted with how I was dealt with on the phone. I find it outrageous that management  refused to take the call. I now question how management expect staff to take their job seriously when their customer service is appalling. I feel your customer contact staff especially  amy require more training perhaps you could use our recorded conversation to assist training. It was clear management was refusing to take the call and amy was being advised to Get me off the line instead of doing her utmost to assist with my issue.

I have to say that this whole experience has left a bitter taste. Moving house was stressful enough but having to wait 5 months  and counting for a phone line to be installed in a new house in the Dublin area is shocking. Each time I have called customer care I seem to be told different things each time. Today’s experience however was the absolute worst so far. I have zero faith in this company as they cannot provide an answer unless it’s scripted for them.

Customer care it absolutely is not.
    Hi doyle7,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm very sorry to hear you feel this way and I am genuinely sorry you had this experience.

I'm afraid the forecast date is estimated and can change due to several reasons and the time taken to complete the connection will vary depending on the level of work involved and whether consents from road and planning authorities and private landowners are necessary. However I do agree this should have been explained more clearly and you should have received clarification on this.

Unfortunately there will not always be a manger available to take a call but I will ensure to have your feedback passed onto the relevant department. We appreciate your feedback and I will ensure to have it relayed, can you PM me your account or order number so I can check the agent in question? (there would be several Amy's on the customer care team).

I will also check your order for an update and hopefully get some clarification on what is causing the delay in installation.

Pamela 

Advertisement